Choose Local, Choose Welch LLP
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for 2 CPA Students (enrolled or intending to enrol in the CPA programme), 1 for our Trenton (Quinte West) office and 1 for our Napanee office. The Welch LLP offices in the Quinte Region are located in Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Napanee, Campbellford/Tweed. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
As a CPA Student within the Trenton or Napanee office, you will take a hands-on role in all aspects of client service including involvement in audit, review and notice to reader engagements as well as the preparation of corporate, personal, and trust tax returns. You will work closely with all members of your team including senior staff accountants and the partner. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
This position will appeal to an individual who wants to pursue a CPA designation with the intention of working in the public accounting sector. Current enrollment in the CPA programme or enrolling in the CPA programme will be an asset. The client base includes a variety of owner-managed incorporated and self-employment businesses, local government, agriculture, and not for profit sectors.
- Preparation of working paper files (audits, reviews, compilations); financial statements and notes; tax returns
- Assist in the planning, organizing and controlling of these engagements to meet deadlines including the effective and efficient wrap-up of the engagement. Recognize problems, analyze and propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Understand client’s business and their needs
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Currently enrolled in the CPA programme or intending to enrol in the CPA programme
- Some work experience in accounting or public accounting would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to plan, organize, manage conflicting deadlines, and set priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Experience managing a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment
- Proficiency with computers and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- General business knowledge
- Interest in business development
- Access to a vehicle is a necessity; must be willing to travel from the office (to clients or other offices) on occasion
- Willing to work in either Trenton or Napanee, Ontario.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to accommodate client needs.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to [email protected] with subject line “CPA Student – Trenton or CPA Student – Napanee ”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
The Napanee office is located at:
36 Bridge Street East
Napanee, ON K7R 1J8
The Trenton office is located at:
67 Ontario Street
Trenton, ON K8V 2G8
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.