Action Contre la Faim
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you are in charge to coordinate the implementation of planned nutrition surveillance surveys in the targeted areas, within the Rapid Respons Mechanism program framework.
More precisely, you will:
– Coordinate the implementation of planned nutrition SMART surveys in the targeted areas, within the RRM program framework
– Support and effectively manage surveys, teams and internal coordination
– Plan, support and follow up on capacity development of the field teams (including both ACF and MoH staff) in nutrition assessments
– Ensure the scientific quality of the Survey and according to the need of the surveys, organize field officers access to books, reports, key informants interviews, local authorities, etc
You hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, statistics, epidemiology, nutrition by research or related field.
You demonstrate at least 3 years of proven experience in managing nutrition assessments, research and surveys as well as humanitarian work.
You are fluent in English, Portuguese would be appreciated (or at least a latin language).
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French or Mozambicans legislation
– Competitive remuneration according to ACF policies.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.