Action Contre la Faim
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
At the local level, you federate the members of your team around the achievement of a common objective by ensuring the supervision, animation and reinforcement of their capacities. In addition, in accordance with ACF, international standards and national policies, you ensure the implementation of the project in compliance with established procedures and dedicated resources. You will participate in the coordination and representation of the WASH department with partners and other actors in your area of intervention. You also contribute to the analysis of the WASH context of your area of intervention and to the definition of the vision, positioning and strategy of the mission in the related sector.
The main activities will be related to :
– Suport to internally displaced population in terms of hygiene and sanitation;
– Emergency water treatment in affected areas (mobile water treatment plants);
– Water quality monitoring;
– Support to water utilities and waste water treatment.
– Education: you hold a University degree in social anthropology, sociology, psychology.
– You are an Hygiene promotion, behavior change WASH expert.
– You have significant humanitarian experience in hygiene promotion, behavior change, soft components of the WASH project. Experience and/or training in Cash Voucher Assistance would be a plus.
– Fluency in English, Ukrainian and/or Russian would be an asset.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract
– Remuneration package and competitive benefits according to ACF policies.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.