SOS Children's Villages International
SOS Children’s Villages, founded in 1949 by Hermann Gmeiner, is the world’s largest non-governmental organization focused on supporting children and young people without parental care, or at risk of losing it.
Child neglect, abuse and abandonment is everywhere. Families are at risk of separation. Locally led, we work in more than 130 countries and territories to strengthen families who are under pressure so they can stay together. When this is not in a child or young person’s best interests, we provide quality care according to their unique needs.
Together with partners, donors, communities, children, young people and families, we enable children to grow up with the bonds they need to develop and become their strongest selves. We speak up for each child’s rights and advocate for change so all children can grow up in a supportive environment.
Location: Innsbruck or Vienna/Austria
It is our mission to enable transparency, accountability as well as the efficient and proper use of funds in the Federation. We provide services to Member Associations especially policies, tools, consulting, training and monitoring. We coordinate the allocation of programmes to funding partners and co-ordinate and execute the flow of funds between these funding partners. We manage financial risks of the Federation on an on-going basis, focusing on accountability in the use of resources and sustainability in the federation-wide funding model. We provide information relevant to management and legal bodies for controlling and decision-making. We see our role as an integral part of the Federation and act as financial business advisors while ensuring fiduciary compliance.
The Accounting Advisor contributes to the mission of Finance & Controlling by:
- Ensuring that the business cases are accurately recorded in the financial books of SOS Kinderdorf International (SOS-KDI);
- Setting up accounting processes and processing accounting transactions related to the international funds allocation through the Shared Treasury Services team;
- Improving day-to-day accounting processes and the implementation of ERP solutions;
- Preparing the SOS KDI consolidated annual financial reports.
- Providing project and conceptual process support within the Finance & Controlling department and across the federation
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Technical examination of working documents and proper structuring of business transactions
- Executing current accounting for the Austrian SOS Children’s Villages International locations and for the Shared Treasury Services department
- Reconciliation of accounts in the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Provisions, accruals and deferrals
- Intercompany Allocations
- Reconciliation of transactions between Austrian branches and regional offices
- Support internal and external audits
- Ongoing support of the Accounting Manager
- Implementation and co-design of quality and control processes
- Prepare accounting guidelines for SOS Children’s Villages International and within the federation
- Preparation of the consolidated global financial statements
- Preparation of the annual report on the financial transactions of the Shared Treasury Services team
- Support the system implementation for SOS Children’s Villages International Austria offices including system rollout and localization
- Bachelor’s degree or above in finance/ business administration, preferably in the field of accounting or controlling
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in the field of accounting, preferably in a multinational / multicultural environment
- Strong understanding of Austrian statutory accounting requirements
- Good knowledge of Finance-related IT systems and other related IT systems (mostly XLS)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong experience with global consolidation processes
- Good Understanding of IFRS
- Experience with Microsoft Navision, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Finance Module) or similar ERP systems (would represent an advantage)
- Fluent in German and English (written and verbal). Spanish and/or French would be desirable
- A valid Austrian working permit or eligibility to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Overtime – does not get lost and can be taken as hours off
- Homeoffice possibility
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.