UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
GSSC has won the 2019 Business Services Firm of the Year in Hungary, 26 regional awards announced at the Central and Eastern European Business Services Summit & Awards held in Warsaw, Poland.
Within the Global Shared Services Center, the Service Quality Management (SQM) section ensures agreed service levels are consistently met in a cost-effective way through performance monitoring, improvement initiatives, organizational quality management, and client relationship management.
In Service Quality Management section, the Business Analysis Unit manages a broad area of functionalities related to internal change management, Performance management and also acts as a Coordinator between HQ departments and business units within the GSSC on system enhancements. In addition to regular work the team manages several projects.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Customer Services Manager, the Accounts Officer will support the efforts of Customer Services Team in customer engagement, feedback management and support change efforts in line with the Customer Engagement Strategy.
Key functions, accountabilities, and related tasks:
Customer feedback management
- Ensure that customer feedback is regularly collected on all relevant services offered by the service Centre
- Regular assessment of targets/thresholds (satisfaction rate, answer rate), appropriateness of survey questions and frequency of survey requests
- Analysis for below-threshold performance, main sources of dissatisfaction to be shared and discussed with streams
- Schedule regional performance discussions based on analysis, review country specific issues and coordinate with streams. Keep track of issues raised by country offices, identify improvement points
- Identify process improvement points and knowledge gaps based on customer comments, and following-up on enhancements
- Facilitate Focal Point Meetings with different streams
Customer engagement/client relationship management
- Foster effective client partnerships and joint accountability for process outcomes
- Conduct Account Management calls with regional/country offices
- Collect, analyze and support offices with consistently low performance – Regional/HQ performance discussions)
- Escalate any issues based on Account Management calls, following up with streams and documenting in Account Management tracker file
- Serve as escalation point for major escalated service delivery issues, maintain tracker file, managing escalations pertaining to assigned regions/offices including follow-up, updating escalation tracker
- Ensure transparent flow of information between GSSC and its current and prospective clients, internal and external stakeholders and employees
- Help champion and communicate GSSC milestones and success
- Create comprehensive guidance material for Country Offices based on best practices and GSSC recommendations in coordination with Communications/Knowledge Management Team.
- Provide programme management support on strategic consultations with stakeholders
- Support Customer Services Team in their efforts to build capacity at Country Office level to enhance performance and efficiency, including process simplification projects
- Review feedback related to capacity gap and coordinate with streams and Facilitate development of appropriate training materials/process improvement with Learning and Development Team
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first university degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in accounting, business administration, economics, financial management or another relevant field is minimum requirement. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- A minimum 5 years relevant work experience working in the field of operations management, change management, financial management, customer management, preferably in service Centre environment/business support Centre.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. SAP) is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain work relationships.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written. One other UN language is an asset.
Requirement for Internal applicants:
Internal applicants from GSSC are required to complete the courses of Learning Paths that are identified as essential when applying to the level of this post. Please visit the L&D Portal Learning and Development (sharepoint.com) for more information.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drives to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit: https://uni.cf/Competencies
National Officer (NO) staff are nationals of the country in which they perform functions of a technical and professional nature. Eligible applicants are nationals of Hungary.
National Officer staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, appearance, socio-economic status, ability, age, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, to apply to become a part of the organization. More information on UNICEF’s commitment to diversity and inclusion: https://uni.cf/InclusiveUNICEF
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.