ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
To deliver an excellent service to the International Secretariat and SA National Office by ensuring payments to suppliers and other beneficiaries are made in line with Service Level Agreements. To maintain the purchase and income ledgers so that financial information is up to date and accurate; to monitor implementation of relevant finance policies and the relevant processes through effective use of the Purchase Order system and Travel management systems.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping, and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school degree
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
- Processing of payments for the Hub Office and the SA National Office.
- Processing of invoices on D365 ensuring compliance with relevant policies.
- Ledger entry in the accounting systems (D365 and Quickbooks).
- Administration and management of petty cash on an imprest basis.
- Assisting in managing banking transactions.
- Reviewing staff expense claims and receipts in line with the IS/AISA Expense policies on Concur (Travel & Expense Management system).
- Training and support for users.
- Using reports, monitoring the status of items in both D365 and Concur including follow up with relevant staff;
- Assist with preparations and handling of external audit process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bookkeeping qualifications (desirable)
- Basic accounting and reporting skills: ability to prepare standard accounting entries
- Experience of dealing with suppliers, banking systems, staff and external contacts.
- Intermediate excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language.
- Excellent customer service and ability to communicate clearly, being flexible to audience and task Professional conduct
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
*N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.***
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.