Accounts Payable Officer – Erbil
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
Local (Government) Reporting
- Ensure Compliance with Local legislation, WVI and donor requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of tax, social security and other mandatory reports required by local governmental bodies.
Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
- Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
- Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
- Ensure all bank accounts balances
- reconciled monthly
- Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
- Assist Accounting team Lead in audit preparation to provide required information
- Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
- Perform site and partner monitoring visits
Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
- 2Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software..
- Analytical skills and good attention to details.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
- Ability to travel within the country
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full Adherence to security protocols
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically to 10% of the time.
How To Apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/finance/accounts-payable-officer-erbil/18164
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 23 November 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.