The Adaptive Programs Officer is a newly built position that will sit within the Program Quality Support Unit (PQSU). The PQSU strives to improve the quality of our interventions with a specific focus on: a) supporting quality ambitions, b) advancing stronger learning approaches, and c) promoting adaptive, collaborative and data-driven ways of working. Within the Technical Excellence pillar, the PQSU team sits alongside 5 sector-specific Technical Units providing focused technical expertise in support of country-based colleagues and partner organizations.
The Officer’s role will be to support and promote adaptive approaches in line with the IRC’s program quality ambitions. The postholder will report to the Technical Specialist for Adaptive Programs.
The Adaptive Program Officer will primarily focus on supporting 14 country programs benefitting from Sida’s financial support through a humanitarian framework agreement, which affords a highly flexible funding modality. The Officer will, over time, expand support to other types of adaptive projects/programs according to needs.
The postholder’s main responsibilities include:
• Respond to questions and requests for support from colleagues across country, regional and HQ teams.
• Consolidate, streamline and disseminate practical resources to support adaptive programs.
• Develop a support framework adapted to existing processes and capacities.
• Facilitate an internal community of practice around adaptive programs in coordination with other program quality colleagues and participate in other (internal and external) relevant reflection or working groups.
• Review documents (studies, donor reports, proposals) upon request and for learning purposes.
• Support the drafting and dissemination of learning reports/case studies.
• Raise the profile of adaptive practices and programs across the organization.
Proven work experience and skills
For this role, the PQSU is looking for a highly organized, creative, and collaborative individual to offer tailored support to colleagues in HQ and country offices on the design and delivery of ongoing adaptive programs. We particularly value hands-on experience and skills, as detailed below:
• 3-5 years’ experience in an (I)NGO in a humanitarian context.
• Proficient in French and English.
• Experience working in or supporting an adaptive or innovative project or program.
• Understanding of enablers and barriers to adaptive programs.
• Experience in developing and delivering accessible & engaging face to face and/or online adult training and learning activities.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to develop accessible content and materials to socialize new/difficult concepts grounded on concrete programs’ experience.
• Ability to respond to needs in a pragmatic way;
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a spirit of kindness and modesty;
• Dedication to learning and continuous improvement.
• Ability to handle and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and knowledge of online platforms, such as Jamboard and Mural.
Preferred experience & skills
• Knowledge and experience of various institutional donors (such as ECHO, USAID, Sida, GFFO) and flexible funding modalities (such as rapid response mechanisms, crisis modifiers, Programme-Based Approach etc.).
• Understanding of/experience of using program quality standards and approaches.
• Ability to travel to IRC country program locations.
• Familiarity with IRC organization and processes.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
NB: “Qualified candidates residing in a location where the IRC operates are also encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.