GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin and Logistics Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Project in line with GPON policies, donor requirements, and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the HR/Admin Coordinator and expected to work very closely with other members of the programme team.
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics coordination, ensuring the interface between operations and project team members.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff and identify future needs
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel, and flights bookings, and other support services for staff and visitors
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary, and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the project
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise with the development Admin and Logistics Advisor about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office/ guest house equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations including the selection of vendors/suppliers.
- Prepares and Maintains records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with GPON logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing.
- Store Management using specified software.
- Perform any other project-related duties as specified by the development and Logistics Advisor.
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- A Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2 – 4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in the English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation, and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- GPON is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, or disabilities.
- GPON is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.