Action Against Hunger
Duration : 12 months
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Head of the financial and administrative management of the mission, coordinating and leading the mission Admin team in the capital and the bases. In charge of assuring the administrative and financial procedures of the mission according to Action Against Hunger rules and the local law.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Mission Financial Management
- To assure the financial equilibrium of the mission according to its yearly financial objectives.
- To follow the financial planning of the mission through the standard financial management tool (FMT) and update it on a monthly basis.
- To carry an exhaustive control of the coverage plan (CCP: Cost Coverage Plan) and monitor the cost structure of the mission.
- Assure the monthly delivery of updates of monthly budget follow ups (BFU) to the coordination team, Head of Bases and administrative teams. Ensure the full involvement of all departments.
- Elaborate the budget for the proposals or reformulations of the signed contracts, as well as the financial reports of the missions, assuring the delivery on time to HQ for its submission to donors.
- Follow up and analysis of all Mission’s financial risks.
- Supervise the control on local partner expenditure (based on their contracts / budgets) in coordination with HoB and HoP.
Objective 2: Mission Treasury and Accountancy Supervision
- Supervise and validate the monthly closing of the accountancy, following the controls defined in the “Balance sheet reporting” document of the mission and according to the established deadlines.
- Assure the respect of the administrative and financial procedures established by Action Against Hunger and the donors.
- Define the treasury flows in the mission Cash Management Policy and supervise its correct implementation.
- Control the treasury level to the minimum operational.
- Assure the correct and punctual delivery of the fortnightly treasury forecast.
- Prepare the treasury advance requests for all contract not yet signed (Z2).
- Follow up of all payments received at mission level.
- Manage relationship with banks.
Objective 3: Administrative management of the mission
- Verify and control the respect of the expenditure authorization procedure.
- Control and supervision of the respect of any rule regarding the quality and archiving of all administrative and financial documentation according to Action Against Hunger and donor guidelines.
- Represent the mission in front of the administrative representatives of other international and national organizations in-country.
- Assure the respect of local law and any tax obligation by the mission. Follow up of Action Against Hunger’s national framework agreement in-country.
- Initiate and/or develop relationships with local authorities for any financial related matter.
- Plan and follow up of internal and external audits in coordination with headquarters.
Objective 4: Relationship with counterparts
- Train partners on Action Against Hunger’s accounting and financial procedures.
- Coordinate the supervision and integration of the partner’s invoices and transaction of the partners.
- Coordinate the consolidated financial reports sent by partners.
- Follow up of any treasury request by any partner.
Objective 5: Management of the mission Finance and Accounting teams
- Plan, develop and assure a correct team structure for the Finance department in the mission.
- Assure the motivation, communication and coordination within the Finance team.
- Solve any possible interpersonal conflict if needed.
- Conduct the evaluations of the team under his/her responsibility and assurer that all evaluations of the Finance team are done.
- Contribute to the draft and follow up of any individual action plan of the department.
- Identify the needs of training of the Finance team in coordination with HR department.
- Respect the security plan and follow up of the respect of these rules by the Finance team.
- Communicate to the security focal point any security-linked information if needed.
Objective 5: Human Resources Management
- In the absence of a HR Coordinator, assure the interim role.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
Technical Specific Knowledge:
- Higher education in management, economics or any related field.
- Profound knowledge of donor guidelines
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in financial management and at least 1 year in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets, financial reports, financial project follow up and audit reports.
- Managerial skills
IT systems: MS Office very strong command. Advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs like Agresso or others
Good communication skills
Proved team-work experience and of coordination of staff under its supervision.
International experience; Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits
- Fixed-term Employment
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 08 November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.