European Transport Workers' Federation
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTING TO: Head of Operations
The ETF is a trade union federation representing 5 million transport workers from 200 unions in 40 European countries. The vision of Fair Transport is what drives the work of the ETF. It represents a future where European transport is free of social dumping, with quality jobs for transport workers, safe, reliable and affordable service for passengers and customers and where environmental and social sustainability go hand in hand. We are looking for candidates that are ready to fight for achieving this vision.
- General office duties
- Creates and maintains file records, including electronic file records
- Creates survey databases, inputs data received and prepares analysis
- Prepares and organises meetings in Belgium and abroad, deals with arrangements, contact with the service providers (hotels/interpreters/translators, etc.) and liaises with the political team, other colleagues and the Finance manager, as well as outside organisations where appropriate
- Serves as first point of contact in the Secretariat for IT-related issues (computers, mobile phones, internet and phone server, interpretation equipment, etc.) and performs basic IT-related tasks
- Assists with projects
- Collates information and prepares documentation for meetings, actions, campaigns and publications where necessary
- Attends meetings and prepares minutes
- Drafts circulars and other documents
- Deals with routine incoming calls/correspondence/requests for information as appropriate
- Sorts and prioritizes incoming correspondence and responds appropriately
- Responds appropriately to external contacts, maintenance of good and constructive relationships with representatives from various European institutions, employers’ organisations, companies, etc.
- Maintains diaries
- Assists in making travel arrangements
- Maintains website pages
- Collaborates with other Administrative Secretaries in order to ensure the good functioning of the Secretariat
We are looking for a candidate with
- Excellent spoken and written English and French. Knowledge of one or more other EU languages would be an advantage
- Relevant administrative experience of minimum 3 years, plus graduate level education or training
- Excellent knowledge of IT technologies (MS Office applications, database software, internet, etc.)
- Proven high quality secretarial, organisational and administrative skills
- Strong organisational abilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to exercise discretion, judgement and initiative
- Able to work under pressure
- Integrate yourself into a team
- React in a flexible way to new challenges
- Proactive in addressing change
- A full-time permanent contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave)
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment
- The office is located in the center of Brussels
Equal employment opportunity
ETF is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
We invite any interested candidate to send a CV and a short motivation letter in English to Josef Maurer, ETF Head of Operations, at [email protected] by Friday 8 July 2022. Only applications sent by e-mail will be considered.
Brussels, 15 June 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.