Reports to: Executive Director, Institutional Relations
Department: Institutional Relations
Who we are:
CIEE is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
You will receive a competitive total rewards package. CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by upwards of 25%. Our top-tier benefits include premium healthcare insurance, annual Company contributions to your retirement fund (up to 5%), generous personal time off (including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays) and the full-suite of insurance
You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams, and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place
Who you are:
The Admissions Advisor will support the Institutional Relations team by serving as the first point of contact for students applying to CIEE’s university study abroad programs. Successful candidates will be responsible for serving as an expert for a portfolio of institutions by advising students regarding program options and the application process. You will work closely with Managers of Institutional Relations and other Admissions Advisors. Paramount to student outreach is a focus on providing outstanding service and creative problem solving to prospective students.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as an admissions expert for students advising them on appropriate programs based on their studies and interests
- Manage large volume of emails, texts, and outbound calls, address questions, solve problems and/or direct people to the appropriate CIEE team member. Respond to inbound inquiries within a 24-hour response time
- Schedule prompt follow up with prospective students to provide support and determine level of commitment and execute strategies to inform students about CIEE programs at all phases of the inquiry and application process
- Work with Institutional Relations managers to provide support directly to partner institutions and develop strategies to better serve their students. Meet personal and team qualitative and quantitative targets (i.e., completed applications and conversion of those applications) set by leadership
- Attend training sessions to stay updated on product and/or company updates
- Upsell/cross-sell of products and services when opportunity arises (eg – internships)
- Document call information and input data into company CRM to keep customer records updated
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in sales and/or customer service orientated field required
- Study abroad experiences strongly preferred
- Must have high “emotional quotient” (EQ); be approachable, friendly, and able to exude empathy, control in all communications
- High aptitude for attention to detail, strong problem-solving ability, strong written and oral communication skills, a service-oriented mindset, strong organizational skills, excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrate initiative while also open to feedback and taking direction when needed
- Ability to travel (5-10 trips per year) to partner institutions to provide direct support to students (e.g., study abroad fairs, on campus events and/or initiatives, student representative support, and meetings with study abroad office staff)
CIEE believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment
As a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires proof of full vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.