Save the Children
Adolescent Health Technical Advisor, Abidjan
The Adolescent Health Technical Advisor is expected to lead the development, implementation and monitoring of all Adolescent Health interventions and activities in MCGL project in Côte d’Ivoire, with a specific focus on the leading community-based demand generation activities and improving the quality and adolescent-responsiveness of facility-based reproductive, maternal, newborn health and family planning services, towards increasing access of health services by adolescents, especially adolescent mothers and young, first-time parents.
This program also will engage adolescents and their families through ongoing community engagement activities and will use innovative methods to document programmatic challenges and lessons learned to improve approaches.
Qualifications and experience
- Public health or social sciences postgraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience in successful implementation of an adolescent health program including FP.
- Proven experience in assessment, quick data and situation analysis to make or guide programmatic decisions
- Previous working relationship within USAID programs and with key multilateral agencies, bilateral donors, academic institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with national MOH personnel and local and international partners
- Familiarity with adolescent health and FP programming and policies in CIV.
- A demonstrated track record in providing mentorship and supervision to strengthen health and FP services with a focus on adolescents and youth; training and use of quality improvement approaches
- Familiarity with evidence-based adolescent health interventions and best practices that are the focus of this project.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team leader/member with diverse team of partners and counterparts.
- Ability to lead and oversee teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
- French fluency (verbal and written) required and English is an asset
- Ability to travel within CIV.
- Direct experience as a technical advisor on a USAID-funded health project.
Contract length: 12 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dnMuOTEwNzguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.