Save the Children
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Providing high quality technical guidance and support to innovate, strategically design, manage and carry on the climate change themed/integrated programs for the Pakistan country office. This support will strengthen strategic engagement and collaboration with relevant ministries especially Ministry of Climate Change (MoCC) to contribute in Prime Minister’s initiative of clean and green Pakistan which is one of SC PKCO’s top 10 priorities for 2021. The Pakistan country office has several on-going initiatives with MoCC and a climate change advisor will play an integral role in solidifying and growing this relationship. Furthermore, the advisor will be expected to take lead for resource mobilization including programme and project identification; development and financing; learning, knowledge management and advocacy; and the development of a submission for Green Climate Fund application.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Developing and overseeing a strategy for the continued growth of climate change programming in Pakistan, focused on developing and acquiring potential environment and Climate change projects and funds (including GCF).**
- Leading and providing technical oversight for the development of climate change and environment project concept notes and funding proposals in Pakistan.
- Supporting the development of a child-centred climate change policy analysis, development tools & guidance and advocacy approach for Pakistan.
- Supporting our country office and program staff to adopt evidence-based best practice for climate change adaptation & mitigation programming.
- Leads strategic partnership and resource mobilization in area of climate change including establishing and maintaining strategic contacts with Government, donors, INGO’s, private sector, scientific institutions etc.
- Mainstreaming climate change risks and resilience across the country strategy and other sector projects.
- Facilitate project work planning and budgeting and assist with the staffing and resources to reach established results indicators and targets.
- Plan and track financial and administrative activities with the program operations team to evaluate implementation needs.
- Developing a fund raising strategy, and liaising with national and international donors for support of various programmes/activities.
- Strengthen strategic stakeholders engagement to support climate change programming and implementation
- Provide technical input and support to interim and final donor reports where appropriate.
- Identification of areas for further support and interventions within the area of climate change mitigation & adaptation action. Keeping abreast of policy changes regarding climate change and inform senior management.
- Act as a single focal point for climate change and technical support of the programme across all technical components for MoCC and relevant ministries and stakeholders.
- Participate in SCI related activities such as SCI Theme Group on Environment and Climate Change, media products and outreach activities on climate change.
- Participate in technical dialogue, common strategic visioning, mainstreaming, programming and other collaborative activities with SC regional and global teams.
- Work with MEAL unit to develop tools and ideas to ensure that Climate change project are monitored against measurable and appropriate indicators.
- Support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program.
- Support and guide other programmatic leads on integrated climate change programming.
- Supports any other additional responsibilities assigned by the Line Manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Degree/specialization in Climate Change, Environmental Studies or any related qualification**
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7-8 years’ experience relevant experience in climate change adaptation and mitigation program or project management.
- Experience of working with Govt., communities, INGOs, and donor agencies. Strong understanding of relevant ministry and structure of line departments.
- Excellent management and communications skills.
- Ability to establish partnerships and networks.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standard.
- Sensitive to the cultural & political environment.
- Fluent spoken & written English language.
- Prepared to work and live in challenging surroundings.
- Knowledge of Pakistan and Region.
- Working knowledge of Pakistani languages.
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision & values.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.