Save the Children - USA
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
The Advisor, Knowledge Management, Learning and Communications (KLC) plays a key role in coordinating learning and information sharing across all DHL activities to develop best practices, identify and share lessons learned, and capacity building in support of expanding DHL’s capabilities as a learning organization. You will support strategic and programmatic KLC efforts to enable DHL and implementing partners to better capture, generate, share, and apply high quality information on food security and livelihoods best practices, and will contribute to DHL’s KLC strategy and work with program technical staff to develop and implement a KLC strategy for each program, including activities such as audience mapping, development and socialization of knowledge products, and design and facilitation of learning activities. You will also support both external and internal communications and socialization of activities and products of these awards, and internal knowledge management and documentation.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Save the Children’s Department of Hunger and Livelihoods (DHL) manages a range of programs focused on improving the food supply, farming practices and finances of families in need to help parents provide for their children’s basic needs and help all children to thrive. DHL does this work through both directly implemented programs as well as through a range of associate awards that work to strengthen the capacity of other implementing partners to design and implement effective emergency and non-emergency food security programs and build the evidence base to support adaptive program management for program improvements.
Knowledge Management, Communication, and Documentation (85%)
- Provide knowledge management, learning, communication, and documentation technical assistance to DHL management, projects and awards.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of KLC activities for DHL Programs including audience mapping, socialization, knowledge sharing and learning events, knowledge products and others
- Work closely with award technical staff and management to develop, refine and disseminate key program documents such as program documents capacity statements, case studies, success stories, technical briefs, and other learning products),
- Work closely with the DHL Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Advisor to develop and support approaches to DHL’s KLC activities and culture by contributing to strategies to monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of communications efforts through activities such as after-action reviews, and documenting/disseminating learning and assessments.
- Work with program staff to help design and review the appropriateness and effectiveness of each award’s KLC strategies.
- Assess knowledge and learning needs and build effective, productive relationships with internal teams, consortium partners, implementing partners and donors to define and support KLC activities that reflect industry standards in adult learning, knowledge transfer and learning.
- Working with DHL’s Business Line leads, Technical Advisors and MEAL staff, support the design and operationalization of learning agendas for DHL’s Business Lines contributing to the evidence base for effective food security, livelihoods and CLA programs and implementation strategies.
- Organize, lead, facilitate and support knowledge sharing events from conceptualization through implementation. Work closely with other KLC and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) teams to engage stakeholders in peer-to-peer collaborative learning, engaging key stakeholders to drive content.
- Lead the planning and production of e-learning courses, workshops, and learning event sessions, from concept note to final activity design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Lead the development of, and adherence to, uniform standards, formats, and style guidance for DHL program publications, materials, and presentations
- Support publication, production and copyediting/formatting of program documents event planning and implementation, and internal documentation and communication.
- Help identify and manage work of consultants and vendors contracted to support special projects needs such as instructional design, translations, graphic design, and course design.
- Work with the IDEAL team to ensure DHL’s content on the Food Security and Nutrition (FSN) Network website (fsnnetwork.org) and other online platforms is accessible, accurate and engaging.
New Business and Resource Mobilization Support (15%)
- Support responses to request for applications (RFA’s) for new associate awards with input on KLC strategy, application review, graphics, formatting and proofreading.
- Support the development and review of KLC strategies for potential new awards including training and orientation for proposal team members on KLC strategies and best practices and KLC staffing requirements, including potential partners
- Design and draft KLC strategy and implementation plans for new proposals.
- Help draft job descriptions and participate in recruitment of KLC Key Personnel.
- Participate in proposal after action reviews, ensuring that lessons learned are incorporated into subsequent efforts
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree and at least five (5) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in international programs such as food security, nutrition, humanitarian response, program design, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and implementing strategic KLC plans and socialization activities.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, design, and implementation including managing and facilitating both online and in-person learning events, using a variety of engaging and effective adult learning approaches and e-learning platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals and teams at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite
- Demonstrated experience using collaboration tools such as Miro, Mural, Zoom, and customer relationship management (CRM); and KLC tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign;
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining and environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 30%
- Proven experience managing human-centered design programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID marking and branding guidance, and/or experience overseeing KLC activities for a USAID-funded project.
- Demonstrated experience in publication production, from concept to print, including working with graphic designers and others to support copyediting/formatting.
- Demonstrated experience with website content management and use of social media channels such as Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic or other languages relevant to DHL Programs.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
*Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.*
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
How to apply
Please use the link below to access this opportunity’s job description and application. To apply, please click on the blue box that says “Apply Now.”
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.