Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of MSI Reproductive Choices. Options is supporting Output 4 under the 5-year UK aid-funded ‘Reducing high fertility rates and Improving Sexual reproductive health outcomes in Uganda’ programme (RISE). RISE aims to increase the uptake of modern contraceptive use in seven major regions of Uganda. With a specific focus on the sub-national level, the Advocacy Advisor will lead the provision of technical assistance to prioritised districts to ensure evidence and accountability approaches strategically strengthen sub-national stewardship of Family Planning /Sexual Reproductive Health (FP/SRH) in Uganda.
Options seeks an Advocacy Advisor to support districts to ensure evidence and accountability approaches strengthen sub-national stewardship of Family Planning /Sexual Reproductive Health (FP/SRH) in Uganda.
The 5-year UK aid-funded ‘Reducing high fertility rates and Improving Sexual reproductive health outcomes in Uganda’ programme (RISE) aims to increase the uptake of modern contraceptive use in seven major regions of Uganda.
With a specific focus on the sub-national level, the Advocacy Advisor will lead the provision of technical assistance to prioritised districts in the development of evidence-based District Costed Implementation Plans (DCIPs) to support quality FP/SRH service delivery. They will strengthen social accountability mechanisms for FP/SRH in focus districts, including the development of, and capacity to maintain, a functional monitoring system for the DCIPs. The Advocacy Advisor will also be overseeing the capacity building of selected CSOs for evidence generation for effective engagement of the district leadership, while building effective partnerships with actors engaged in budget advocacy and accountability for SRHR in Uganda.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in public health, health management or related field. Post-graduate degree desirable
- At least ten years’ work experience, with significant experience in the
- provision of technical assistance for health including remote support;
- Strong experience on quality improvement or quality of care initiatives;
- Strong understanding of advocacy and accountability approaches to
- facilitate change;
- Good experience in working with civil society coalitions and platforms;
- Strong experience in facilitating evidence-based planning processes to track progress on health indicators and commitments;
- Ability to interpret and translate evidence into different formats;
- Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels and engagement with civil society, parliamentarians and regional health groups;
- Good experience in implementing the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by UK aid.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 1 October 2021
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.