Fort Wayne, IN
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding. As part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering-both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round.
Recruit prospective blood donors from a variety of sources by direct to donor facing and telerecruitment with individuals to make donation appointments. Serve as lead recruitment presence for a fixed site. Contact active, lapsed, platelet and occasional whole blood donors to increase the frequency of donations and increase the number of donors at fixed sites to meet the collections goals. Identify donors who can be converted to platelet, plasma, or Power Red donations based on blood type and donation history. Positively impact the quality of service to donors and groups, increasing the availability of blood products. Coordinate reminder calls, follow-up, logging of data, maintenance of records and special projects to achieve established goals.
Click on the link to learn more about (Apheresis)platelets donations: https://youtu.be/BwjwbxbwN34
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of telephone and customer service or telemarketing experience required.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Experience meeting sales quota preferred.
- Face to face experience preferred.
- Outbound calls experience preferred
- Computer experience, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
- Effective verbal communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment required.
- Experience with making sales quotas preferred.
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
- Contact by telephone or face-to-face current apheresis and/or whole blood donors to recruit for donation.
- Schedule appointments to ensure maximum number of donors are scheduled each day.
- Follow a process and appropriate scripting for conducting a call with a donor, to ensure a consistent donor experience.
- Maintain daily production standard, including phone calls and appointments per hour, to meet established collection goals.
- Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to inform donors of eligibility and reduce deferral rates.
- Maintain accurate records of donors/groups contacted and appointments scheduled to avoid errors, poor customer relations and to ensure sufficient donor availability.
- May work collaboratively with the fixed site recruitment manager to develop new leads and implement new donor recruitment programs to ensure an increased donor base and an adequate blood supply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.