EBRD: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Reporting to the Head of International Climate Policy and Engagement, the Analyst contributes to climate policy and climate finance developments and supports the engagement with EU institutions and stakeholders. The role is expected to work on 50% of the worktime on international climate policy related matters and the remainder of the rime on EU green and climate related developments.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Head ICPE, assist the Head with:
- Keeps track of EU green and climate developments, including consultation meetings in Brussels
- Supports briefing notes, preparations and recording meetings
- Liaises with Head of Brussels Office and other EBRD stakeholders as directed
- Supports preparations and engagement and with the Joint MDB Climate Action Group as directed.
- Preparation of communication materials and presentations
- Developing and managing relevant databases necessary
- ad hoc assistance as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly skilled team at the forefront of climate/green finance and policy and to specifically focus on international climate policies, and EU in particular and to collaborate with the EU institutions and other Brussels’ based stakeholders.
Education and Skills
- Relevant degree such as engineering/ technology, industrial business, environmental/climate sciences, economics, finance or international policies in sustainable development.
- Broad understanding of climate, energy and resource policy, and/or in-depth understanding of one specific related topic.
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills and experience: ability to develop and manage spreadsheets and incorporate into management reports; ability to draft text for internal process documents, press releases, websites and to fulfil narrative reporting requirements.
- Computer literate (advanced Excel, MS Office suite).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience working in a consulting, finance, engineering, research/policy or comparable environment.
- Understanding of the EBRD region advantageous.
- Understanding of the EU institutions and funding landscape advantageous.
- Enjoys working independently, and also as part of a team.
- Good organisational and programme/ project management capacity
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills, with both internal and external partners.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, ability to work to and meet tight deadlines and to plan and organise work unsupervised in a logical and efficient manner.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills in English and preferably French.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.