The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Phoenix is expanding our financial capability and asset-building services by launching an Individual Development Account (IDA) program. The IRC in Phoenix’s Economic Empowerment (EE) department assists refugees in achieving self-sufficiency by operating economic development programs crafted specifically to meet their unique needs. Within the EE department is the IDA program, which supports low-income families to increase their financial knowledge and capability, helps them to develop savings strategies, and uses grant dollars to match their savings, allowing clients to purchase assets such as vehicles, post-secondary education, business assets and homes.
- Serve as a focal point for the dissemination of information about the program;
- Establish and maintain linkages with community-based organizations for the purposes of referrals and collaborations;
- Coordinate application, intake, and eligibility of participants;
- Develop and maintain case files for each program participant and enter data in the data tracking database;
- Ensure participants have access to required workshops, whether referred, facilitated, or coordinated;
- Actively provide trainings, outreach, and Individual education;
- Closely monitor the status of each program participant’s progress and address quickly to enable the greatest chance of success for the participant;
- Coordinate and facilitate the asset-purchase and manage the withdrawal disbursements at the time of the asset purchases;
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engages as a member of the team;
- Provide Economic Empowerment Supervisor with data for narrative reports to program funders;
- Align with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding;
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Economic Empowerment Supervisor**
Position Directly Supervises: Interns/Volunteers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:**
Internal: Coordination with all internal departments is required
External: Key stakeholders and community partners, program officer, IRC technical advisors
· Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Development or related field required;
· 3+ years of related professional experience;
· Excellent cross cultural understanding and communication skills;
· Proficiency in written and spoken English, with bi-lingual ability preferred;
· Ability to work independently and detail oriented strongly preferred;
· Competency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and database experience;
· Proven multi-cultural experience;
· Valid driver’s license, active insurance policy and access to reliable transportation;
· Must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
· Standard office work environment and some travel throughout service delivery area.
Benefits: We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.