Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno, Gwoza and Bama of Borno State and Damaturu of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the supervision of the Assets Officer, the Assets Assistant is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all assets for IRC Maiduguri or any other Borno bases where necessary. One of the core functions of the incumbent as an integral member of the Supply Chain Department is, s/he must be able to manage, label and track all assets and maintain audit-compliant records
- Ensure that an updated asset register is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Assist to ensure that an updated assets inventory sheet is maintained on monthly bases.
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure accountability for assets such as laptops, and computer related accessories/devices.
- Tag newly purchased assets immediately upon their receipt in the warehouse and update all assets records for Maiduguri office.
- Issue assets to staff as may be required and ensure all relevant asset forms are filled or updated.
- Carry out quarterly and yearend assets counts together with the assets officer and provide reports.
- Regularly track and update a property inventory list for all properties within IRC offices, guesthouses, and facilities.
- Ensure that any movement of IRC asset/property within Maiduguri office is tracked, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure an up to date filing system for all assets is maintained for all assets in Maiduguri office.
- Implement and / maintain standard IRC assets management policies and procedures.
- Retrieve assets at the end of employee term of service and ensure all necessary documentations are updated.
- Transfer assets from ended grant to existing or opening grant with donor approval.
- Track grant end dates and carry out grant end assets count and confirmation together with finance teams as may be assigned by the assets officer.
- Visit field offices for asset inventory (physical count) during report period if required.
- Do assets and property spot check across department/sectors on weekly basis.
- Compile assets monthly reports for Maiduguri field office and share with assets officer.
- Report asset related incidents such as loss, theft or damage to the assets officer and fill relevant documentations.
- Assist the assets officer in collating list of properties and assets recommended for disposal.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Roving Asset Officer
Indirect Reporting: Logistics Manager.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Country Program: Borno field office Operations teams, Program teams and senior management.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.