WorldFish, Batu Maung, Malaysia
About The Organization
WorldFish is an international, non-profit research and innovation organization reducing hunger, malnutrition and poverty across Africa, Asia and the Pacific. For over 45 years, our work on sustainable aquaculture and fisheries has improved the lives of millions of women, men and youth.
Fish and other aquatic foods grown in and harvested from oceans, lakes, rivers and ponds provide income for more than 800 million people and provide 3.3 billion with 20% of their animal protein intake. Our focus on sustainability makes sure that the way we produce and use these foods today means a plentiful future of generations to come.
Our evidence-based solutions range in scale from households to global policies and spans across six interlinked themes: nutrition, gender, climate, sustainability, economy and COVID-19.
We champion aquatic foods for healthy people and planet and believe that a sustainable blue planet of well-nourished children, women and men is within our reach.
About The Position
The Assistant Accountant assist on the delivery of quality financial management of the India, Global Bilateral projects and Initiative. The post holder will be line managed by the Project Accountant. This role includes insuring that all project transactions are correctly accounted for, compliant with donor expectations, documented and properly reported.
The successful candidate have key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Ensure financial records are submitted and financial information is input into OCS on time following WorldFish / donor’s financial rules and regulations.
- Assist in India, Global Bilateral and Initiative project management and administration from project initiation to project closure including, but not limited to, maintaining proper project accounting files and master data, responding to external and internal queries.
- Assist to ensure that project expenses are accounted for accurately in the system, and reported to the donor, according to agreed timelines.
- Ensuring that all donor-purchased assets are updated in system.
- Ensure partner financial management (i.e. financial input to WF, advance monitoring and review of partner expenditure) are full compliance with WorldFish and donor’s financial rules and regulations.
- Support in the budgeting and forecasting of Inida, Global Bilateral project and initiative activities and reporting them to the donor and other stakeholders.
- Perform all other relevant duties that may be needed to ensure the overall efficient implementation of India, Global Bilateral projects and Initiative.
- Support Project Accountant on prepare and coordinate the resource allocation revision.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or membership with a professional accountancy body (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, MICPA).
- Experience working in an international non-profit organization is a plus.
- Possess competency skills in the areas of financial management, financial organization, financial accounting and analyses, contract interpretation.
- Use of an ERP system such as Oracle, SAP or ABW, Data Analytics (via Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to render sound financial advice.
- Ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Computer literate with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications specifically in Microsoft Excel.
- Team player.
- Proficient in both in written and spoken English.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate record of inter-disciplinary, partnership building, and the desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Agresso or other similar ERP systems.
- Shows good self-initiative and able to work independently.
- English (proficient/fluent writing and oral skills).
31st May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.