Upper Canada Child Care
What We Offer Our Educators:
As a large and growing organization, we have the ability to offer competitive compensation and rewards, including regular pay increases, wage enhancement grants, paid personal days, medical and dental benefits, split shift premium pay, paid training and development, involvement in charity initiatives, long term service awards, child care discounts, and the opportunity to advance and move throughout the organization. Upper Canada Child Care has recently expanded to include a forest school, allowing our educators to gain valuable knowledge and experience in this exciting area of child development and education.
Who We Are:
Upper Canada Child Care has over 30 years of experience in child care and education. We are a non-profit, government-licensed organization operating centres in communities throughout Toronto, York Region, and Simcoe County. Upper Canada Child Care is committed to providing quality programs that are guided by our organizational values of support, trust, safety, respect and professionalism. We believe that we set the stage for our children’s success when we foster the foundations of belonging, well-being, engagement and expression in our programs.
Join our Team!
Assistant Educator required at Wellington Day Care in Alliston, ON.
Candidates must be available to work a split shift in a before and after school program.
Starting Pay: Assistant $16.02 – $20.02/hour plus Wage Enhancement Grant and Split Shift Premium.
To ensure operational and curriculum requirements are met in compliance with all Ministry and organizational guidelines. To ensure the delivery of a developmentally appropriate, play based program by applying specialized skills and knowledge related to early childhood education. To effectively collaborate and communicate with other employees, families and outside agencies in an effort to properly support the needs of individual children.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Health assessment and record of immunization, including COVID-19, as outlined by legislation.
- Up-to-date certification in CPR-C and Standard First Aid (training provided upon selection if required).
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge.
- Experience with program design and implementation, preferably play/inquiry based with the use of pedagogical documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish appropriate relationships with families, caregivers and other professionals.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain professional disposition.
- Have the physical and emotional stamina to supervise children in a variety of settings including outdoor public spaces.
Please apply by clicking on the available link, or email your resume to [email protected]
Upper Canada Child Care is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from members of our diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the interviewer in advance if you require accommodations.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants who may be interviewed will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.