FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Primary Health Care
Requisition ID: 2021202028
Location: Bama LGA, Borno
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
- The ATO Primary Health Care will provide programmatic, technical and operational assistance to supported facilities.
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the ATO PHC will manage all activities related to supported health facilities in Bama.
Essential Job Functions
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary/community identification, refugees screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Contribute to all field work, including working collaboratively with other FHI 360 staff in Bama in the implementation of all planned interventions including identification of existing and establishing referral networks, monitoring and supporting to internally displaced person (IDP), host communities and returnees throughout the intervention period.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Provides accurate diagnosis, treatment and management of patients in a primary health care setting.
- Assess patients and refers them for specialized health care (as required)
- Participate in the delivery of quality health care to patients in a primary health care setting
- Adheres to relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participate in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Provide health education to patients
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized (if any)
- Work with technical and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data on the life of the project
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of integrated medical services and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of integrated medical services at the facility level
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensure adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. training, mentoring)
- Adherence to the Sphere standard and FHI 360 policy
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS, MD or its equivalent with minimum of 1 year relevant experience in emergency and constrained settings, INGO experience is most desirable.
- Must have a valid practicing license.
- 1 – 3 years relevant experience in clinical setting.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding program delivery
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.