Francis Marion University
Francis Marion University, an NCAA Division II institution, invites applications for the position of Volunteer Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Coach with training members of the women’s soccer team, recruiting, and scouting of opponents
- Preferable experience in training goalkeepers
- Assisting the Head Women’s Soccer Coach in monitoring student-athletes for academic requirements, retention, and progress toward graduation, including assisting with eligibility verification of team members and coordinating with head trainer any special needs or injuries student-athletes may have
- Assisting the Head Women’s Coach in off-campus recruiting
- Maintaining contact with area high school coaches for prospects through direct interviews and correspondence in accordance with regulations established by the governing bodies of the NCAA and Peach Belt Athletic Conference
- Assisting with management of game-day activities, such as statistics, manager supervision, and travel for away games
- Assisting with all fundraising activities
- Assisting the Head Coach in meeting with various community organizations to promote interest in the athletic program at Francis Marion University
- Performing all duties in compliance with NCAA Division II and Blood-borne Pathogen policies and procedures
Francis Marion, a state-supported comprehensive university with an enrollment of approximately 4,000 students, sponsors 14 intercollegiate sports, 13 of which compete in the NCAA Division II Peach Belt Conference and one (men’s golf) of which competes as an NCAA Division I independent. Florence, SC, is located in northeastern South Carolina at the intersection of Interstate Highways 95 and 20. It is 80 miles from the state capital, Columbia, and 60 miles from Myrtle Beach. Historical Charleston is 120 miles away.
FM Requirements: A bachelor’s degree is desired. Previous coaching experience is preferred, along with the ability to communicate and teach skilled athletes in soccer. Candidates must have a working knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
Salary and Benefits: This is a volunteer position. No health or dental benefits included.
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 22-15);
3) Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate);
4) The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; and
5) FM Application.
To obtain the FM Application, please click here.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration and Planning, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
As Francis Marion University has continued to be recognized for its diverse student body, it especially welcomes applicants who can affirm and enhance its mission and encourages applications by women and minorities.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.