Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Global Markets Team Overview:
CHAI’s Global Markets Team (GMT) is responsible for envisioning, executing, and monitoring market shaping interventions aimed at improving the efficiency of health commodity markets for lower income countries. These interventions range from traditional policy-led and grant-financed initiatives such as pooled procurement, coordinated ordering, strategic demand forecasting, and regulatory harmonization to more innovative credit enhancement mechanisms such as volume guarantees (VGs), R&D incentives, and working capital facilities.
GMT collaborates closely with internal and external stakeholders to assess the potential public health impact of proposed market-shaping interventions. GMT also plays a leading role within CHAI in terms of managing relationships with branded and generic pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies.
Please see the following press releases for an example of the types of agreements CHAI helps negotiate:
Associate Role Overview:
The Associate will play a lead role in day-to-day pipeline development and deal execution activities, including: 1) working across CHAI to assess and monitor high-potential investment opportunities, 2) producing scoping memos and concept notes as the basis for pitching deal ideas to CHAI leadership and partners, and 3) supporting subsequent due diligence work and execution activities.
For this position, we are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical capabilities, problem-solving skills, and communication abilities. The Associate must be comfortable synthesizing large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information into cogent recommendations. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, humility, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Support CHAI country and program teams in evaluating the potential for various market shaping interventions, using proprietary market shaping frameworks
- Leverage CHAI internal resources and desk research to assess and monitor high-potential investment opportunities
- Produce high quality scoping memos and concept notes that succinctly describe the investment case for each prioritized opportunity
- Carry out “deal development” activities for later stage opportunities, including support for demand forecasting, COGS analysis, supplier engagement, and country-level due diligence
- Develop and maintain relationships with CHAI program and country team representatives as a source of market shaping ideas, feedback, and expertise
- Maintain relationships with key market shaping partners and develop relationships with external entities and stakeholders as applicable
- Develop analysis, reports, presentations and other communication materials to support discussions with suppliers, donors, and other external stakeholders
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years analytical or business experience in the private sector
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and written reports
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative modeling skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and drive forward work independently
- Available for 25% international travel
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Experience in corporate finance, equity research, investment banking, or sales and trading
- Experience working in developing countries or working on global health issues (e.g. HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria and/or maternal and child health programs)
- Experience working remotely with a decentralized team
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.