Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
- Experience 5 – 6 years
- Location Lagos
Under the supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, this position manages and provide technical support to States M&E team on efficient data management processes and reporting. The incumbent will liaise with the States M&E team in all M&E support activities that include quarterly, semi annual and annual report writing to the Donor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the M&E Manager in delivering on all internal and external monitoring and evaluation requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Ensure that data collection methodologies used at field level are standardized, enabling the specific characteristics of different target groups to be captured and analyzed.
- With support from the M&E Manager, the position holder will ensure that monthly quantitative data analysis is shared with Director, Strategic Information as well other key management staff and relevant stakeholders to inform program design and review.
- Provide technical support to States M&E team on efficient data management processes and reporting.
- Support M&E Manager in specific Monitoring and Evaluation Capacity building.
- Support the States M&E team with assessment/evaluation planning, ensuring that minimum criteria for quality evaluations are integrated into design and implementation.
- Contribute to improvements in existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability mechanisms with approval from the Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments and learning in coordination with technical leads and program staff.
- Liaise with States M&E team to ensure that lessons learned and recommendations from M&E activities are used to modify existing programmes and in the design of new activities.
- Assist with the evaluation of current indicators and the identification of new ones in liaison with the M&E Manager.
- Monitor data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting; ensuring that data is audit worthy.
- Maintain quality monitoring system on the project to enable the generation of reports to donors and other stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
- First degree in social science, public health, or another relevant discipline; Master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs and Government.
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Ability to work effectively with government, civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.