ATC Procedures Officer (Area) – Baghdad – Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Area Procedures Officer is responsible for the appropriate operational documents associated with ATC Area operations. The post reports to ATC Operations Mentor but also interfaces very closely with the Approach Procedures Officer, the Safety and Quality Mentor, the DYSIM Manager, Iraq Civil Aviation Authority and other ICAA Managers
- Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the Baghdad FIR.
- Provide oversight and direction to Area Standards committee as required.
- Sit as a member on the Area and Approach Standards committees as well as other operational committees related to ATS planning and procedures.
- Develop new ATC procedures and participate in their subsequent safety cases.
- Assist in incident investigations and participate in incident review committees as required.
- Work within a team of safety & standards officers ensuring alignment in delivery of the Programme as required.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Tertiary level qualification in related operational field with further studies and or qualifications relevant to ATC operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant ICAO documentation, in particular Annex 2, Annex 11 and Doc 4444.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of aviation safety management systems.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet tight deadlines and schedules.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of a standards and compliance programme an asset.
- A current ATCO licence with OJTI endorsement.
- ATC operational experience in an Area surveillance and procedural control.
- Experience in building strong relationships and positively influencing clients.
- Conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation.
- Experience as an LCE and Examiner’s endorsement would be an advantage.
Note: Air Traffic Controllers working in Baghdad are required to live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions are not permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.