ATM Project Lead – Baghdad – Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
To provide management of key client projects to meet ICAO Aviation System Block Upgrade requirements and infrastructure upgrades as required
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Broad technical knowledge of Aviation Communications, Navigation, Data processing, System Control and Surveillance Systems
- Knowledge of international CNS technical Standards and Recommended Practices (ICAO SARPs)
- Proven working experience in project management in aviation CNS systems
- Managerial / Supervisory Skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Minimum of diploma, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- A recognised PM qualification
- Membership of a professional Project Management body such as IPMA, APM
Note: The position would require working in Baghdad. The successful individual will live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions will not be permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.