Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the strong (youth) protests in 2019 has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes budget management reforms, public revenue generation, a stronger commitment to combating money laundering and terrorist financing, and a strengthening of the financial sector. The project aims to support the Government of Iraq in its reforms in these four areas.
Iraq has so far generated most of its revenues from the oil sector. The ‘domestic revenue mobilization’ component aims at strengthening the public administration institutions (Ministry of Finance and downstream institutions) to increase revenues outside the oil sector.
Field of Activity
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. GIZ is supporting the Government of Iraq in its reforms as laid out in the Governments Reform Agenda (White Paper) and is looking for a Senior Policy Advisor to support the Reform Management Cell at the Prime Minister Office in various fields of activity related to the FFM Project.
The professional advisor performs the following tasks:
- Advising the partner institution(s)
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project/programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- Networking and cooperation
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Knowledge management
- ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- draws up reports and presentation documents
- prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Coordination tasks
The professional, advisory
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor/masters/MSc in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field
- Experience policy coordination, reform project management and political advisory
- Experience in working with relevant the PMO, Reform Management Cell, Ministry of Finance, Central Bank on the Governments’ Reform Agenda
- Experience in Donor-Coordination
- at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent written and oral knowledge Arabic and knowledge of German and/ or English
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply
Requirements for application:
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to [email protected]
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref:(BGH-FFM22-053) Liaison Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.