Business Analyst – Senior Non-Key Expert – OPSYS Track 3
Who we are:
NTT DATA – a part of NTT Group – is a trusted global innovator of IT and business services headquartered in Tokyo. We help clients transform through consulting, industry solutions, business process services, IT modernization and managed services. NTT DATA enables clients, as well as society, to move confidently into the digital future. We are committed to our clients’ long-term success and combine global reach with local client attention to serve them in over 50 countries. Visit us at nttdata.com.
The project: OPSYS
OPSYS is the information system used by the European Commission (EC) in the area of External Actions. The project aims to support a new and more collaborative way of working that involves EU staff, economic operators, and grant beneficiaries in the management of the EU External Relations portfolio of interventions under the shared governance of INTPA, NEAR, FPI, DIGIT and RTD. Three tracks have been created within the OPSYS programme: (1) Results and monitoring (2) Procurement, calls for proposals and contract management (3) Programming, actions, and Commission financing decisions. These tracks are also linked by several horizontal dimensions (business architecture, UX, migration, change management, etc.).
In this context, the present contract is part of a multi-contract Support to INTPA R5 for programme management and implementation of the OPSYS information system. It will more particularly focus on Track 3: Programming, Decisions & Actions, mainly related to budget planning and management. In the framework of track 3, the R5 work is currently consisting of:
- fine-tuning and testing the features that will be put in production in the very next months in the context of a first Minimum Viable Product (MVP),
- supporting the supplier (DG DIGIT) and the customers with several successive UATs, and
- analysing the new requirements currently identified to go beyond the MVP.
Main tasks will include:
- Ensuring appropriate business management: detailed business analysis and coordination of IT supplier teams;
- Perform an analysis of the full business scope for OPSYS;
- Establish the requirements, testing on the basis of interaction with the users, including through mock-ups and prototypes whenever relevant, and through the preparation of the pilot;
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports;
- Ensure the relationships with OPSYS tracks 2 and 3 whenever necessary;
- Any other tasks identified during the project implementation in line with the needs of the project.
- Master’s degree or equivalent diploma in at least one of the followings fields: economics, engineering, public administration, computer sciences, social sciences or in absence of degree equivalent professional experience;
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a field linked to the assignment;
- Extensive experience in business analysis, and in particular in the area of operational management, budget management and contracting;
- Experience in Public Procurement or Public Finance management at the EC or other International Organisations;
- In-depth knowledge of large organisations’ administrative business processes;
- Good knowledge of project management standards and methodologies (for example, Agile);
- Usage of project management tools and strong knowledge of information systems projects;
- Good knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions, particularly of EU External Action;
- Fluency in English (reading, speaking and writing).
- Experience in a Finance, Contracts and Audit section in an EU Delegation / a Finance and Contracts unit at EC HQ is a strong asset;
- Experience as a technical assistant to the National Authorizing Officer for supporting the implementation of EU procurement and contract management procedures is likewise strong asset;
- Sound knowledge of EU External Actions Practical Guide (PRAG), Companion/NEAR MAP/Vademecum, financial rules and regulation is an asset;
- Business knowledge of financial IT systems such as ABAC and CRIS is an asset;
- Business knowledge of External Actions IT systems such as PADOR, EAMR, PROSPECT is an asset;
- Knowledge of JIRA and/or CONFLUENCE is an asset;
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is an asset.
Please note that only candidates with a Belgian work permit or European working rights can be considered for this position.
Category: mid/senior expert
Start date: at earliest possible time
Remuneration: Commensurate with the position and experience.
Type of contract: Freelance
Location of assignment: Hybrid, within one hour of Brussels (presence in Brussels is required at least once a week)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.