Medavie Blue Cross
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health solutions partner with over 7,200 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Business Support Analyst
Department: NS Provincial Programs
Employment Type: 13 Month Term
Location: Remote and/or Office and/or Hybrid – Must be a resident of the province of Nova Scotia
Salary: Competitive Compensation
Reports To: Manager
Closing Date: May 24, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Contract Management this position is responsible for supporting various government contract deliverables for our Nova Scotia Government clients. This position will have accountability for various activities related to Contract Management and Business Development including, service level reporting, research, trend analysis, privacy reporting and training, and proposal support activities.
The Business Support Analyst – Provincial Programs will collaborate with Government Program’s business leaders and various internal business partners on a day-to-day basis to support the various contract management and business development activities.
Contract Management Support:
- Compiling of contract and business information for accurate completion of monthly service level reporting in accordance with key contracts.
- Identifying trends in service level issues and working with leadership and management to determine mitigation steps.
- Tracking and managing documentation and information related to day-to-day management of key contracts.
- Compiling data related to service level issues, privacy breaches and other items to key clients in keeping with established requirements.
- Drafting privacy breach reports and maintaining a log of all identified incidents. Monitoring for new trends and working with leadership and management to determine mitigation steps.
- Support the development of change requests and proposals for new programs changes, this includes working with leadership, management IT and finance team to complete timelines, pricing, and best approach.
- Responsibility for the development, maintenance, and provision of privacy training for Nova Scotia Provincial Programs.
Business Development Support:
- Completing research on competitors, stakeholders, government business opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative processes with business development areas within the organization to actively pursue one Medavie approach.
- Coordinating RFP processes and responses, liaising with business leads and consultants. Responsible to provide input and feedback on individual’s responses and ensure timelines and content needs are completed.
- Reviewing and editing content and materials prepared as part of business development activities.
Education: Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field.
Work Experience: 3-5 years of related experience preferred
Other Qualifications: Knowledge of medical and/or pharmaceutical terminology considered an asset; experience in project coordination/management an asset.
Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
Language Skills: English, both written and spoken
Analytical Thinking: Strong ability to use business knowledge and experience to solve routine problems. Asks questions to determine the sources of the problem; discusses possible solutions and makes suggestions
Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and confidently verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation
Customer Orientation: Able to handle routine customer questions and problems independently and proactively manages and monitors customer satisfaction while providing friendly and courteous customer service
Execution and Organizational Skills: Organizes work and info in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and milestones to meet deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance on the pursuit of established goals
Team Work: Demonstrates an understanding of how the job contributes to the overall work unit and helps others with problem situations without being asked
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential – a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Medical, Help Desk, Information Technology, Equity, Pharmaceutical Sales, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Sales
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.