Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 38 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Campaigns and Public Affairs Coordinator’ on a permanent, full-time basis to join its Communications & Creative Content team based out of its offices in Waterloo, London. The purpose of the role is to coordinate and deliver Islamic Relief’s campaigning work, which supports the organisation’s advocacy objectives and to support the organisation’s public affairs work through the organisation and sponsorship of events. To recruit, and develop relationships with, supporters of Islamic Relief, including community activists. To drive the delivery of our advocacy messages and mobilise individuals to take actions such as attending public events, organising discussions in their community, signing petitions and contacting and meeting their elected representatives. The postholder will also identify, develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers, working collaboratively with colleagues as well as deliver effective influencing and political campaigns at a local and national level.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to produce copy for a range of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to build and maintain coalitions.
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to explain complex concepts to non- specialist audiences
- Strong campaigns planning and delivery skills
- Strong project management and team coordination skills, including ability to use/produce GANTT charts and/or other planning tools
- Strong networking and people skills
- Strong budget management skills, including ability to manipulate and present data using Excel
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads in a busy work environment
- Skilled at negotiating with suppliers and vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of the British Muslim community including a strong understanding of the key stakeholders and representative bodies.
- Knowledge of the UK political landscape including the relationship between constituents and elected representatives and the types of policy processes relevant to a humanitarian and development NGO
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 20/07/2022.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.