Ecorys is a leading international research and consultancy company, specializing in economic, social and spatial development. We have been bridging science and practice for 90 years. We help, independently, public and private clients with thorough analysis, inspiring ideas and practical solutions for complex market, policy and management issues. The European Commission is one of our main clients. Ecorys employs approximately 550 in-house professionals. We are an employee-owned company, and our mission is to support our clients to make and implement informed decisions leading to a positive impact on society. Please refer to our website www.ecorys.eu for further information about us.
An Ecorys led consortium has been commissioned by DG INTPA to manage the Methodological and Knowledge Sharing Support for EU External Interventions (MKS). The overall objective of the contract is to provide support and technical assistance to DG INTPA to improve the quality, coherence and effectiveness of EU interventions in international development cooperation. The contract provides this support through increased knowledge, reinforced capacities, enhanced working methodologies and skills, targeting staff in EU HQ and Delegations. To support this programme we are seeking a Community Manager who will monitor groups’ activities and provide day-to-day support to group administrators and users on the DG INTPA Capacity4dev platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting group’s management.
- Harvesting group content to be promoted on Capacity4dev.
- Creating linkages and synergies with other MKS activities.
- Monitoring activities on the platform, archiving/merging/deleting groups.
- Providing insights on the activities on the platform.
- Contributing to devise user-centered strategies to share/ promote content and enhance activity on the platform.
- Performing statistics and KPI’s monitoring.
- Contributing to reporting.
Qualifications, professional experience and skills:
- University degree (Bachelor 3 years + master degree or 4 years University degree) in a relevant field (such as project/programme management, communication, capacity building, international relations/development cooperation) or equivalent professional experience of minimum 5 years.
- Fluency in English and French (C1/C2 level). Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese will be an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a multicultural environment and across sectors and thematic areas.
- At least 3 years of working experience in knowledge sharing.
- At least 3 years of experience in community manager in online platforms.
- Experience in on-line knowledge sharing activities will be a very strong asset.
- Good knowledge of EU international cooperation and development policy, instruments and implementation modalities will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with EU funded interventions will be considered an asset.
- Field experience in the regions covered by EU Cooperation (Africa, Asia & Pacific, Latin America & Caribbean, European Neighbourhood) will be considered an asset.
Desired skills and qualities:
- IT / HTML advanced knowledge
- Users/Customer Service Support experience
- Data extraction & analysis experience in Marketing
- Reliable, flexible, diplomatic, team player
- Able to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Start date: early January 2022
- Type of contract: Freelance
- Duration: until 30/04/2023
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.