Save Children: Save the Children International
We are seeking a transformational development / humanitarian executiveto lead our Global Goal on Healthy Start in Life. Taking advantage of Save the Children’s vast network of program experts and global footprint, this global leader will use innovation, technology, data, and research to ensure that Save the Children stands as a state of the art institution working with children and their communities efficiently and effectively.
As part of Save the Children’s 2030 Ambition, the organization has chosen to inspire three Breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, so that every child, and especially those suffering from inequality and discrimination can Survive, Learn and be Protected. The 2030 breakthrough ambition that is led by the Health & Nutrition area is that children under 5 do not die from preventable causes.
This role will lead organizational efforts to achieve one of our four goals (healthy start in life) in our 2022-24 strategy for children, working to ensure that:
- Children have ahealthy startin life
- Children gosafely back to school and learn
- Childrenlive free from violence
- Children benefit fromsafety nets and resilient families
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Global Leader in health and / or nutrition work and strong external global network.
- Education to Master’s level, with a qualification in public health or nutrition required. MD highly required. Phd desirable.
- Technical familiarity with Health, Nutrition, and WASH programming up to an Accomplished level, with leading edge expertise in at least one sub-thematic area.
- Inspirational leader with ability to communicate the vision for the Breakthrough
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated experience in motivating large direct and indirect teams
- Significant international development and humanitarian contexts experience designing, implementing and evaluating programmes relating to Health, nutrition and WASH and other relevant child rights programming.
- Thorough knowledge and track record of influencing Health and Nutrition public and programme policy, and other relevant child rights programming, in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Demonstrable ability to engage effectively across internal/external stakeholders and communities
- Knowledge of policy, research and evidence-based methodologies with regards to Health, nutrition and WASH programming, and other relevant child-focused programming.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to inequality and anti-discriminatory practice eg gender and disability analysis in informing programmes and policy.
- A combination of technical, research, public advocacy and, local experience.
- Understands that work of development and humanitarian action can be complex and volatile.
- Country level experience in international development, preferably through long-term assignments.
- Proven experience delivering results and outputs
- Energy and drive to create change in a large complex organisation
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching – ability to work with people of all levels from CEO to junior staff and across all functions,
- Experience creating and managing high-performing teams including building shared objectives, quality control, evaluation, motivation, performance management, staff development and training.
- Commitment to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive technical leadership team
- Demonstrates ability to make technical expertise relevant and available to inform programs
- Engaging with donors and public finance stakeholders across humanitarian, development and developed contexts.
- An understanding of and commitment to Save the Children’s mission, values and programme approaches.
- Fluent spoken and written English
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com you saw this job posting.