Deadline: 24 Oct 2021
Do you want to make a difference and take a strategic role combining finance, management, fundraising, HR in an international human rights NGO? EuroMed Rights is looking for a dynamic, dedicated and hands-on CFO to lead its international finance team and ensure the organisation’s financial sustainability and compliance. You will ideally be located in Copenhagen.
EuroMed Rights is one of the biggest and most active networks of human rights organisations in the Euro-Mediterranean region (Europe, Middle East and North Africa). Operating under Danish law since our creation in 1997, we currently encompass 70 organisations from 30 countries. We have offices in Copenhagen (headquarters), Tunis, and Brussels. EuroMed Right’s secretariat gathers 50 employees (11 in Copenhagen, 7 in the finance department). Our annual budget amounts to around 4 million euros.
You will be responsible for the organisation’s financial management, compliance and sustainability and thus coordinate with many different persons to ensure that our financial and administration duties are fulfilled: you will report to the Executive Director and supervise the performance of the financial staff located in Copenhagen, Tunis and Brussels. You will also provide periodic financial updates to EuroMed Rights’ executive bodies and coordinate with the treasurer. As a member of the management team, you will be involved in strategic matters while within the financial department, you will play an operational role and support your team in its daily accounting and controlling operations. You will also be involved in fundraising and local human resources administration.
As manager of EuroMed Rights’ finance staff, you will organise its work through annual work plans and develop the organisation finance competences. With the support of your team, you will supervise or directly handle a series of tasks in the fields of finance management, administration, bookkeeping, reporting, budgeting, and fundraising:
- One of your main tasks will consist in overseeing and preparing the financial statements. You will also directly manage the annual audits and your role will be key to ensure adequate financial controlling and compliance with internal policies and procedures throughout the organisation;
- As administrative head of the Copenhagen office, you will ensure the fulfilment of the headquarters administrative and legal duties, incl. a few local HR related tasks in coordination with the overall HR coordinator;
- It will also be part of your role to set-up and monitor adequate accounting and bookkeeping procedures and rules for the proper implementation of projects in accordance with donors’ requirements. You will ensure timely periodic closure, allocation, consolidation, and reconciliation;
- You will carry out the strategic and annual budget process and periodic budget revisions and ensure continuous monitoring of expenditures vs budget to allow sound program management. You will also be involved in funding applications by preparing budgets and in discussing the terms of donors’ contracts. Preparing timely donors reports will be one of the tasks that you will directly handle in coordination with the program and fundraising teams.
What we expect from you
- Relevant qualification and at least 10 years of work experience in key financial positions;
- Proven ability to manage teams in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as facilitation skills;
- Knowledge of accounting ERP system application (preferably Navision);
- Excellent command in oral and written English. French is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of the NGO sector (preferably at an international level);
- Knowledge of HR and payroll regulations in Denmark is a plus;
- Motivated, organised and a self-starter.
What we offer you
- A central role in a prominent international human rights NGO;
- A one-year contract preferably starting from December 2021 to be possibly converted into a permanent contract afterwards;
- A central location in Copenhagen and/or the possibility of working remotely. Candidates able to easily and regularly join the headquarters in Copenhagen will be considered.
How to apply
If you recognize yourself in the above, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] mentioning “CFO” in the email subject by Sunday 24 October. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For further questions, feel free to contact Christel Décatoire (+45 53 76 42 75).
EuroMed Rights aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
Don’t forget to mention unjobvacancies.com when applying.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.