New York State
WATER PROGRAMS ASSOCIATE
Main areas of focus: WASH, International project management, Grant-level administration, Travel coordination, and Data management
Location: Remote – U.S. only
Eligibility: charity: water is fully remote and hires from all 50 U.S. states.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are eligible to work in
the United States without the need of company sponsorship now or in the future.
You’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our water programs in the field.
As Water Programs Associate, you’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our water programs in the field. Reporting to the Water Programs Manager, you’ll know the status of hundreds of water projects and will keep our records accurate, up to date, and accessible for the rest of the organization. You’ll work with a small and hardworking team to make sure that charity: water’s funds are invested in the most relevant and effective water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs out there. You’ll help maintain and improve systems and processes that make our partnerships models of efficiency and transparency, and ensure that partner data and reporting are held to charity: water’s high standards of accuracy and integrity.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Reviewing partner proposals each half-year and reports each quarter for accuracy, comprehensiveness, and compliance with format requirements
- Monitoring the status of water projects throughout the grant cycle to ensure that programs meet proposal conditions and expectations
- Supporting the grants management team with administrative needs such as: processing partner invoices, drafting partnership agreements, filing important grant documentation, searching and synthesizing historical data, maintaining internal resources about partners’ programs
- Managing partner data after project completion to ensure it is stored for future reference, follows internal data rules, and is accessible and useable by all teams at charity: water
- Scheduling meetings, drafting meeting minutes and team presentations, and monitoring action items from both team and partner meetings
- Assisting with travel arrangements for the Programs team including but not limited to managing travel agendas, flights, visas, and maintaining updated country information affecting travel
- Providing updates about partner programs, proposals, and grants to other charity: water departments that utilize the information for fundraising and reporting purposes
- Working collaboratively with other charity: water departments to provide qualitative program information, respond to data requests, and make sure their involvement in our water programs is maximized and efficient.
- Being prepared to take on a variety of tasks needed by the Water Programs Manager and Head of Programs
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Up to 1 year of relevant experience
- Superb project management skills and an ability to manage many tasks with competing deadlines
- A detail-oriented aptitude that extends throughout your work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including basic experience in Excel
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Exposure to the water, sanitation and hygiene sector
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Relevant international work or study experience
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF…
You’re extremely organized
You can handle and prioritize several projects at once. You can turn a long thread of email correspondence into actionable items for multiple people.
You love Excel
You are comfortable navigating large datasets, and love to get in the details to pull out important information.
Your take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You love gathering and serving up information from the field in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the organization.
You’re a great communicator
You are able to communicate concisely and clearly, even across language barriers. You can distill large amounts of technical information into interesting and helpful content. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You’re an avid team player
You’re assured in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
The Water Programs team works closely with our local partners, vetting, managing, monitoring the programs we fund, and acquiring the information we need to report back to our donors. They manage tens of millions in donor dollars in over 20 countries (and growing) each year. They are the protectors of our transparency pillar, ensuring our partners continue to meet our sustainability and reporting requirements.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.