Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Resilient Communities Activity (RCA) in Georgia. The activity will seek to strengthen resilience capacity of at-risk Georgian communities. Improving their economic conditions and ability to mitigate economic shocks and malign influence. Targeted communities will include those along the Administrative Boundary Line (ABL) with Georgia’s occupied regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and may also include additional communities in other regions that USAID or the Activity deem as being especially at risk. The activity will provide a foundation for inclusive, sustained, and private-sector socioeconomic development, support of market systems linked to regional and national markets, and improved diversified employment opportunities, especially among women and youth.
Project Duration: 5 years
Position Start Date: Anticipated May 2022
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the project’s overall management, technical approach, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with the USAID Agreement Officer’s Representatives (AOR). S/he will be responsible for providing the strategic vision for the Activities and will ensure the quality of the work and compliance with contractual obligations and results. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
- Ensure the project is operational and meets its objectives and anticipated outcomes
- Ensure key project deliverable are timely and approved
- Provide overall strategic leadership to collaborate and coordinate with the relevant Ministries in Georgia, USAID/Georgia and other donor-funded activities in Georgia.
- Provide overall technical, administrative, and financial oversight of the contract, including program planning, budgeting, and MEL
- Oversee the development and submission of project workplans, quarterly and annual reports, and other program materials and coordinate program activities across Georga.
- Manage in-country staff to ensure that the project is achieving all deliverables on time and with quality
- Ensure that technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to USAID and Creative’s policies and procedures
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of accounting, personnel, IT, and operating procedures are consistent with Creative’s policies as well as tailored to meet local needs
- Serve as the legal representative for the project and the local Creative office to oversee and ensure compliance with local laws and fiscal laws and regulations.
- Work in partnership with the Project Director in the Home Office. Engage in frequent, routine communication so that the Project Director is aware of both progress and potential issues, and solicit assistance and input as needed to ensure that performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements
- Recruit, hire, and manage staff and consultants as needed to carry out activities
- Manage subcontractors, both international and local, to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and nurturing Creative’s relationship with USAID and for successfully managing the project’s relationship with local governments/ministries and other stakeholders
- Oversee creation and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues. Qualifications
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working with USAID-funded economic development programs, five of which have been spent as a COP, Deputy Chief of Party, or their equivalents
- Demonstrable management experience on US government projects, including U.S. government (USG) policy, procedures, and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in overseeing project startup
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs
- Strong leadership, program, organizational management and communication skills with prior experience in managing 10 staff or more
- Strong written, communication and negotiation skills, and ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) is required. Preference for a degree in an educationrelated field or experience equivalent
- Previous experience working in Georgia, and/or the Caucasus, Balkans.
To apply for this position, please visit:
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Applicants can apply by visiting the careers section of our website:
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.