Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Global Health Risk and Capacity Mechanism (GHRC). The program will support USAID’s Office of HIV/AIDS with the transition of direct program implementation to local implementing partners based on best practices and lessons learned from The United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)’s Local Partner Transition efforts. The program may also support localization efforts across other USAID health programs, including malaria, family planning, maternal and child health, tuberculosis, and other infectious disease. The program’s four objectives include 1) partner risk and health assessments, 2) risk mitigation & capacity development for health program performance, 3) monitoring, evaluation and data quality assurance, and 4) mission staff support for managing local awards. The Chief of Party will provide leadership, oversight, management and overall coordination of technical activities with USAID, local organizations, and other relevant programs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Strategic leadership and management of GHRC program
- Support the development and implementation of key management systems that will support program planning, reporting, and performance management
- Oversee and review all technical deliverables, and ensure on-going quality assurance and quality improvement
- Ensure all programmatic support is technically sound and appropriate for local context, and integrate innovative practices, emerging knowledge, and best practices into program activities.
- Identify challenges, obstacles, and difficulties affecting program implementation, develop strategies to solve those problems, and work with USAID and program staff as needed to implement those strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with PEPFAR, USAID, local partner organizations, and other key stakeholders to ensure the success of GHRC activities
- Advanced degree in public health, medicine, international development, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level experience managing complex donor-funded programs, with prior COP, DCOP, or Technical Director experience preferred
- Successful experience implementing USAID programming, including knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, compliance, reporting requirements, and grant management
- Demonstrated experience working on capacity building and localization efforts for global health programs
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of organizational risk assessment and capacity development concepts, tools, and methodologies, and an understanding of USAID localization policies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, non-governmental organizations and other donors
- Strong skills in data use and interpretation, and ability to adapt program activities based on continuous quality improvement
- Proven ability to oversee and manage staff in a matrixed system with a focus on adaptive management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills are required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.