Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
The CPIMS+ Officer supports the information management of Tdh case management process by ensuring records of each individual child’s case are captured on the CPIMS+. This includes all stages of the case management process such as registration, initial assessment, case plan, referrals, follow-up and review, and case closure. The CPIMS+ Officer will ensure that data trends and analyses are able to be extracted from the information entered into the system. S/he will also ensure data is gathered to report in monthly 5Ws, shared with the appropriate sector that ensures high-quality information management of target beneficiaries in the project. S/he will also support the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Team as required. Working Relations: Child protection Case Work Officer, Case Management Supervisor, and MEAL team. The CPIMS+ Officer will ensure that his/her activities are consistent with TDH’S programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, to enable children to attain their rights, and are compliant with donor regulations.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assessment, Programme Design, and Planning
- Lead on data entry into the Child Protection Information Management System Plus (CPIMS+) and ensure all cases are entered systematically.
- Ensure the information on the physical case files is synchronized with the CPIMS+
- Develop a case coding system for hard copy cases and ensure these are stored in a safe and confidential manner, according to data protection principles.
- Work closely with the Case Work Officers and Case management Supervisors to prepare the monthly 5Ws.
- Identify training needs on CPIMS+ and deliver the training to the case management team.
- Represent Tdh at external meetings related to information management e.g. monthly CPIMS Task Force meetings.
- Support the project team in drafting weekly and monthly reports.
- •Support Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) team in tracking and analyzing all pre and post-tests conducted in the project locations.
- Support in documenting all project data.
- Support in conducting quality assurance (DQA) on a quarterly basis.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s level degree required in statistics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in information management, database management, and data analysis.
- At least 1-year of experience with CPIMS+ (Child Protection Information Management System).
- Excellent understanding of data protection and confidentiality principles.
Knowledge & skills: Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory. Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated. Experience in protection, notably child protection, and Education is an asset.
Computer skills: Excellent IT skills.
Other: Knowledge of the North East Nigerian context would be an advantage
Language Skills: Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to speak Hausa and Kanuri.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Experience working on child protection programs and knowledge of child protection principles including the best interests of the child.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working in different communities in Borno State.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team with limited supervision
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and project planning skills
- Community-oriented and respect for local culture
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoints
- Strong command of both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of a local language (Hausa, Kanuri) is desirable
- Actively seeks support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and organizational development
- Ensure core commitments to children are always taken into consideration.
Advocacy and Networking
- Represent the organization in the local case management Interagency Coordination meetings, liaise with relevant Government line agencies, National, State, UN agencies, and I/NGOs working in the field of operation.
- Identify and assess suitable Civil Society Organisations and Institutions for partnership development on case management response.
- Contribute to strengthening the capacity of Civil Society Organisations and Institutions in line with the organization’s policies and strategies.
- Liaise with other humanitarian actors in project locations to jointly advocate on child protection issues
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly reports on CPIMS+
- Prepare and submit field visit or monitoring reports
- Prepare training reports including pre and post-test analysis
- Prepare success stories on CPIMS+
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
- Lead the design and develop appropriate surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems for effective implementation.
- Contribute in documenting the response, experience and lessons learned on child protection in emergencies programming.
- Conduct regular assessments, analysis and advise programme design and modifications
- Provide input to the development or revision of a monitoring and evaluation system.
Identify training needs, develop and roll-out capacity building plan on CPIMS+ to Tdh Staff and partners to carry out quality child protection programming.
Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA are upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) on forms.gle to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.