CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
General Background Our client is undertaking a project that aims to restore access to critical urban service in selected cities within the Republic of Yemen under Yemen Integrated Urban Services Emergency Project – Phase two (YIUSEP-II) . One of these services is Energy services. Our client will be responsible for the design and implementation works of PV solar systems and diesel gensets that will increase the targeted facilities’ reliability and service capacity. All of that to be done ensuring highest standards in design, and respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for aesthetics, safety and sustainability.
The scope is to prepare technical designs, Bill of Quantities (BOQ), and tender documents of civil works for solar system and/or genset system solutions to target facilities in accordance with our client guidelines and standards. This will include but not limited to:
● Carry out field visits to target facilities – which may include traveling to various governorates- to: a. Inspect and verify the actual needs; b. Consult with the facility’s management and administration about the expected needs.
● Cooperate with electrical engineers to identify the required space for system required components such as Solar PV panels, distribution and control boards, batteries, Diesel generators and fuel tanks. d. Cooperate with the electrical engineer to Identify possible cable routes and any possible obstacles. e. Instruments. The engineer shall be familiar with measurement instruments and apparatus required for such assignment including Surveying Equipment such as TOTAL STATIONS.
● Prepare appropriate civil and steel structural designs for target facilities based on proposed energy systems – either solar or gensets – and according to site suitability. This will include the following: a. A full description of the target facility including its location (with GIS coordinates), existing capacity, functionality, provide photograph for the available areas for the required civil and steel structure either rooftop or on ground. b. AutoCAD drawings for the available areas presenting the south direction and azimuth, illustrating the proposed location and details for the panels, steel structure(s), Battery or Generator rooms. c. The design shall consider HSSE and aesthetic concerns.
● Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of designing processes and respond for any inquiries and modification requests from design review team through our client energy specialist until getting final approval and design certificate. Working in coordination with our client Renewable Energy Coordinator, City Engineers and Social Safeguard Officer.
● The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period which will include but not limited to: – Technical assessment report. – High quality digital photographs. – AutoCAD detailed design using approved layout templates. – Sizing Calculation sheets. – Bill of Quantities (BOQ), including detailed specifications and cost estimation.
● All team’s members shall be working side by side and perform all tasks assigned cooperatively.
● Protecting the confidentiality of work.
● Any additional duties required as needed within the scope of the project.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same.
Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness.
Role model for diversity and inclusion. Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas.
Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment.
Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior.
Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions.
Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner.
Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others.
Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.