The Technical, Operational, and Program Support (TOPS) project is a five-year United States Agency for International Development- (USAID-) funded institutional support contract for USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) to meet the pressing challenges caused by climate change. TOPS aims to help USAID meet the increasing complexities of global development by recruiting technical assistance providers to work in USAID’s offices; delivering the training needed to empower new staff and advance USAID’s objectives around diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); and facilitating more evidence-driven technical decisions.
EI is seeking a Climate Specialist to research existing climate coalitions and prospective partners’ work in climate-related systems transformation, assist with the development of new USAID climate partnerships, and support the Agency’s efforts to shape the global climate agenda through engagement in targeted events with other thought leaders.
This position will work in USAID’s Climate and Cross-sectoral Strategy (CCS) branch under the TOPS project and will work closely with the Global Partnerships team in the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS). The DDI and RFS bureaus oversee and coordinate climate work at USAID. The position is full-time.
- Stays current on new policy developments, initiatives, and innovative practices that can improve the efficacy of USAID’s climate programming
- Provides program coordination support for current and future climate strategy implementation processes and programming priorities
- Researches existing coalitions and prospective partners’ work in climate-related systems transformation
- Collaborates with an array of actors through existing partnerships and coordinates USAID’s efforts to explore potential partnerships
- Organizes events to convene actors and showcase climate partnerships
- Identifies and recommends roles for USAID climate change leaders at targeted events with other thought leaders
Our team members are talented, creative, and inspired professionals who provide technical support in a growing practice while being flexible enough to add their unique perspectives to a strong culture. If you are passionate and thrive on collaboration, you are probably a great fit for our team!
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and 3+ years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated professional experience in the climate sector
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information and producing technical products that include climate
- Experience with and/or knowledge of USAID programming, approaches, and policy, including USAID climate programming and U.S. Government climate policy
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with people who have different communication and work styles
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with a range of partners and stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated communication and coordination techniques that are appropriate to the nature, complexity, and scope of the issue at hand
- Clarity of thought and effective communication (verbal, written, visual) in English
- Exceptional listening and problem-solving skills
- Facilitation skills, including process and meeting facilitation
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Google Apps
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions
- Eligible for USAID facility access or security clearance
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.