CNS Officer – Baghdad – Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable CNS Officer provide strategic and tactical leadership to the CNS director and CNS Sections at Baghdad, Basra and Mosul ensuring effective CNS operations in compliance with applicable international and National rules and regulations. You will act as the accountable person in the units Safety Management System for CNS. Part of your role is to manage the Opex and Capex CNS budgets, mentor the ICAA CNS director and to provide line management for Serco CNS technical experts.
- Ensure consistency of planning, service delivery and alignment of the CNS department strategy to the Baghdad, Basra and Mosul Airport Strategic Business Plans
- Ensure the CNS departments operate at optimised levels of efficiency, effectiveness and productivity always.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the CNS departments at all Iraqi airports as required.
- Develop, deliver and oversee CNS/ATM Asset Management Plan
- Prepare and manage CNS & AMP budget within and oversee AMP Procurement processes in line with agreed CNS budget
- Provide leadership and people management support to the CNS Department and manage Department performance dealing effectively with all aspects of good and poor performance
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- In depth knowledge of ICAO standards and recommended practises particularly Annex 10, 19 and Doc 9859
- Knowledge of financial and commercial aspects of an ANSP
- Managerial / Coaching and Leadership Skills
- Effective persuasion and influencing skills
- Budgetary Management
- Vast experience in electronic engineering in an aviation engineering environment
- Proven managerial experience
- Wide experience in Project / Programme management
- Experienced in Opex / Capex budgetary preparation and management
- Have worked in an unstructured environment
Note: The position would require working in Baghdad. The successful individual will live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions will not be permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.