Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 2 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Ukraine
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population. In order to support the populations affected by the conflict currently affecting the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Communication Manager ?
As Communication Manager, under the responsibility of the Head of Mission and in conjunction with a Headquarters Communications Officer, you will be responsible for the creation, the implementation and the supervision of communications activities related to the operations of our missions.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Communication strategy : Reporting to the Head of Mission and his/her referent at headquarters, you will define and implement communication actions. You will identify topics and angles on which to position the organization publicly.
- Press Relations development : In conjunction with the Headquarters Media Relations Officer, you will maintain contact with local journalists and foreign correspondents and you will organize media visits to our operations.
- Communication production : With the validation of the Head of Mission and the Communication Department at headquarters, you will coordinate the production of communications content (photo reports, articles, videos…) on a regular basis to feed the organization’s communication channels.
The challenges that await you :
Designing a communication strategy around the ukrainian crisis Developing press relations in the field Creating content for PUI’s communication channels
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Journalism, Communication or International Relations. A training in Multimedia journalism, documentary production or photography/video production and editing would be appreciated.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position as a journalist or field-based communications officer. An experience as a HQ-based communications officer in a NGO would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale ? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master Microsoft Office, have excellent writing skills in English and/or French, good photography and/or video skills and a capacity to work in an unstable and rapidly-changing environment. If you master Adobe CC (Photoshop, Premiere), Final Cut and Canva, it would be definitely an asset. Knowledge of the humanitarian sector would be appreciated.
- Qualities : You are able to work independently with initiative and responsibility. You show diplomacy, open-mindedness and you are flexible. You are organized and you are able to manage priorities and to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You have problem solving and good analytical skills. You are able to work and manage professionally and maturely and you present an ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics. You have also a strong resilience to stress.
- Languages : French and English have no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Ukrainian, Polish or Russian, it would be an asset!
A word from the Manager
« An exceptional position for an exceptional crisis! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 – 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.