Chemonics is an international development consulting firm that promotes meaningful change to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. Chemonics’ mission is driven by our commitment to service – to our mission, our beneficiaries, and clients, and our staff. Working under contract with USAID and other aid donors, Chemonics designs and implements development projects in many of the world’s developing countries.
The Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. DCEO aims to support vulnerable communities to build community resilience against destabilizing factors by increasing their adaptive capacity and economic well-being.
The Communications and Outreach Manager reports to the Knowledge and Outreach Director/Deputy Chief of Party.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Leads effort to collect and collate information from all task orders for input into deliverables and other materials on DCEO
- Support the preparation, editing, and submission of all project deliverables to USAID, including weekly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Gather information from program staff, partners (subcontractors and grantees), and the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) team to report on program status and impact
- Assists in the proofreading and fact verification of various documents and reports, and ensures standardization of documents developed in terms of structure and content
- Support the drafting and submission of ad hoc reports and/or analysis requested by USAID or project leadership
Social Media and Outreach
- Manage the communications and outreach team to produce high-quality social media content, including photographs, videos, and social media posts
- Collaborate with program staff and partners to develop compelling social media content, including success stories and Facebook posts
- As necessary, travel to project activity locations to conduct interviews with partners and beneficiaries, photograph activity implementation, and collect video content to develop social media content
- Oversee photo and video editing to ensure high-quality video deliverables
- Correspond with USAID and the Development Outreach and Communications (DOC) team to develop social media content that aligns with USAID priorities and outreach strategies
- Trains and supports all staff in appropriate and creative communications
- Develop press releases, one-pagers, and other outreach products as necessary to highlight project successes
- Conducts translation/interpretation as needed to support project implementation and communications
- Serve as the focal point for events management, including correspondence with vendors, venues, and program staff to design and execute high-profile public events
- Ensure proper branding and USAID visibility at all project events
- Coordinate with speakers, presenters, and event participants to ensure the smooth implementation of all events
- Communicate with and manage media representatives at project events to encourage positive reporting on project activities
- As requested by project management and USAID, captures and disseminates key information, lessons learned, and action items from program events
Branding and Marking
- Ensure comprehensive branding and marking of all project activities in line with the project’s approved Branding and Marking Plan
- Conduct regular reviews of the project’s branding and marking to ensure compliance, including previously implemented activities/in-kind assistance
- Conducts other activities as requested by project management
Staff reporting to this post: 1
Required Travel: 50%
Working Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public policy, public relations, communications or another relevant field, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in writing, communications, journalism, translation, interpretation, and/or public relations required
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and reporting on program impact and implementation highly preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, strong professional judgment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Prior experience on USAID programs preferred
- Knowledge of Iraq’s operating environment preferred
- Management/supervisory experience preferred
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic required
- Ability and willingness to travel within Iraq and assist in workshops and conferences
How To Apply
To apply, please visit:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Note: We will be reviewing the CVs on rolling basis and the position can be filled even before the closing date.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.