UNDP’s Nordic Representation Office (NRO) is located in Copenhagen with satellite offices in Norway, Finland and Sweden. It serves as a liaison and communication office, which works to share knowledge and raise awareness about UNDP’s mandate, work and results. NRO works both as a liaison office between UNDP’s headquarter in New York and the Nordic member states, and as a communication office, which focuses on reaching the public through the media, public events, presentations, field trips and cooperation with Nordic stakeholders, including civil society, private sector, and schools and research institutions.
UNDP in Sweden has a longstanding collaboration with SIDA to communicate the work of the UN and development issues to the Swedish general public. The office is Stockholm is looking to engage a freelance communications consultant on an hourly basis over a period of one year, for targeted support on communications campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Communications Associate, the Communications Consultant will provide support with the aim of improving the reach and impact of our communications campaigns to the Swedish general public.
The Communications consultant will be engaged to produce content for around 8-10 communications campaigns over the course of one year. For each campaign, the consultant is excepted to:
- On request, provide creative and innovative ideas and inputs to the development and implementation of the campaigns.
- On request, provide short and concisely written material in the form of; Tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram posts etc.
- On request, provide longer texts on developmental issues, to be published on one of our websites or in printed media.
Please note that fluency in Swedish is required for this consultancy
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The IC will be asked to provide inputs to 8-10 communications campaigns over the course of one year. The IC will be paid upon the completion of each campaign. Deliveries will be evaluated and approved by the Communications Associate.
Target Due Dates
Review and Approvals Required
Institutional Arrangement / Reporting Relationships
The IC will report directly to the Communications Associate and the Partnership and Communications Specialist.
Duration of Work
The consultant will be contracted for a period of up to 120 days over a 12-month period.
- Experience of working in the area of communications, journalism or a related field.
- Experience of working with human development and/or with the Global Goals for sustainable development is an asset.
- Excellent written communication skills in Swedish.
- Proven ability to produce high-quality communications materials for campaigns.
- Computer literate in standard software applications and ability to use current social media and web 2.0 tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or other relevant field is required.
- At least 5 years of communication or journalism experience in a media outlet, communications bureau or similar.
- Experience and knowledge of the UN system/UNDP will be considered an asset, preferably in a communications role.
- Fluency in Swedish, both written and oral is required.
The Consultant is required to have the above-mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
Schedule of Payments
The consultant will be paid for days worked after the completion of each campaign. The consultant must submit invoices along with a time sheet, to be approved by UNDP.
No travel is foreseen for this consultancy.
The application is a two-step process. Failing to comply with the submission process may result in disqualifying the applications.
Step 1: Submission of technical proposal. That will include providing application via UNDP Job-shop (jobs.undp.org )
Interested individuals must include the following documents when submitting the applications in UNDP job shop (Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded therefore please include all documents in one file):
- Uploading a CV and a statement of interest indicating all past experience for similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Submit a work sample of some form of campaign work you have produced in the past. Please include:
- Some background of the campaign and your contribution to its development.
- A few short texts that you wrote for the campaign (Tweet or Facebook post, for example).
- A longer text that you wrote for the campaign (but no more than 1-2 pages long).
Step 2: Submission of Financial Proposals:
Applicants are required to submit a Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability, which also includes their Financial Proposal in Swedish Kronor (SEK) for this consultancy. The template is available here: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_file.cfm?doc_id=45780 Please fill in section A I on p. 4. The total daily amount should be the same as the “all-inclusive daily fee” to be filled in on p. 1, e)
In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal should be all-inclusive professional daily fee, and include a detailed breakdown of the cost. The term ‘all-inclusive’ implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, tax, utilities, consumables, insurance, etc.) that could possibly be incurred by the Contractor are already factored into the financial proposal.
For the purpose of filling out the rest of the form, please also note the following details:
- Assignment title: Communications Consultant
- Project title: Swedish Communications project
- The IC General Terms and Conditions can be found here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
- A CV/P11 does not need to be submitted along with the letter, as this will be uploaded to the job-shop.
- It is not required to attach a methodology/approach for this assignment.
The proposals should be sent via email to [email protected] with the following subject heading: “Financial Proposal Communications Sweden” by the application deadline. Proposals received after the deadline may be rejected.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact: [email protected]
Criteria for selection:
Only those candidates who meet the minimum level of education and relevant years of experience requirements will be considered for the consultancy. The shortlisted candidates will be scored based on a review of their competencies and other criteria as described above.
Combined scoring method: where the qualifications and competencies will be weighted a max of 70%, and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
Responsive / compliant / acceptable; and
Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Technical criteria weight: 70 (70% of total obtainable scores):
Only those candidates who meet the minimum level of education and relevant years of experience requirements will be considered for the technical evaluation. The technical evaluation will consist of a desk review.
The technical evaluation of shortlisted candidates will be done on the basis of a review of the following (70 point maximum):
- Relevant experience in the area of communications (20 point)
- Excellent written communication skills in Swedish. To be assessed from the work-sample and application in general. (20 points)
- Level of creativity and innovation of work-sample (20 points)
- Relevant experience in the area of human development, the Global Goals, or similar (10 points)
Financial criteria weight: 30 (30% of total obtainable scores).
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70%) on the technical part will be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria for financial evaluation (30 points maximum):
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
p = y (µ/z), where
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal:
µ=price of the lowest priced proposal:
z = price of the proposal being evaluated:
The award of contract will be made to the individual consultant who receives the highest combined score out of the weighted technical and financial criteria as specified above.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS_INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (IC) http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.