Full-Time | CDP Worldwide (Europe) gemeinnützige GmbH
CDP Europe is a charitable organization registered in Brussels and Berlin and on the EU Transparency Register since 2012. It is part of the CDP Global System, a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with over 590 investors with $110 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 10,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2020, including more than 9,600 companies worth over 50% of global market capitalization, and over 940 cities, states and regions, representing a combined population of over 2.6 billion. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit cdp.net or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
- Can you communicate complex topics in a clear and compelling way?
- Are you passionate about leveraging the media to drive change?
- Do you have both a sharp eye for detail and the drive to make things happen?
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading environmental charities, is seeking a passionate communications specialist to execute and grow CDP’s media, content, and digital impact in continental Europe. In this varied role, part of CDP’s global communications and marketing team, you will improve our visibility among our key capital market, corporate and public sector audiences and contribute to the growth, development and delivery of CDP’s communications strategy.
The successful candidate will build and implement integrated multi-channel global communications strategies and plans, in line with our strategic plan and the needs of our target audiences. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic organization, working to get CDP’s key messages, innovation and campaigns across to our key audiences.
The successful candidate will work closely with CDP Europe’s Senior Communications Manager and our global communications team. You will be proactive, organized, resourceful and results-oriented, with strong interpersonal skills and proven success working with the media, ideally in a non-profit or sustainability environment. Attention to detail, efficiency and the highest-level of organization are vital for this role, as is a drive to be ambitious, creative and make things happen.
The role includes
- Planning, drafting and executing media campaigns covering CDP’s work with companies, investors, cities and policymakers;
- Writing press releases and pitching stories to top tier European media;
- Managing CDP’s relationships with PR agencies;
- Building close relationships with target journalists and maximizing media coverage of CDP through compelling news stories and thought leadership;
- Drafting opinion pieces and blog content to promote CDP’s core messages to a varied audience;
- Conducting independent data analysis and conceptualizing data stories;
- Improving European visibility on the CDP website and social media channels;
- Tracking and monitoring CDP’s communications impact;
- Drafting and coordinating social media materials;
- Developing marketing materials, graphics, videos, and website collateral;
- Supporting on communications tasks related to CDP events in Europe;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate should have
- C2 written English communication skills, fluency in another major European language a plus;
- Minimum BA/BSc degree; Masters preferred or relevant experience;
- 3 years’ work experience, ideally in the non-profit sector or with large companies, financial institutions or governmental bodies;
- Experience and/or knowledge of corporate sustainability, climate topics, and/or sustainable finance;
- Proven track record in planning and executing successful media campaigns, including drafting press releases and engaging journalists directly;
- Experience working in fast-paced teams with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience drafting and coordinating social media content;
- An independent and proactive approach to solving problems;
- Attention to detail with good research, writing and drafting skills;
- Passion for environmental action;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe occasionally;
- Excellent knowledge of various software including but not limited to Microsoft Office – particularly Excel -, CMS/CRM systems, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, plus a clear ability to learn new tools quickly.
What we offer
- 12-month contract with a possibility to extend subject to resources;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz (optional);
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany, with an existing work permit. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the Communications Manager.
Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents via our recruiting platform. Please attach the following:
- Motivation letter including salary expectations;
- References / certificates;
- Published writing sample(s);
- A one-page portfolio of with examples of your successful media campaigns.
Please note that any application received without all relevant documents attached will not be reviewed.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By submitting your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding
Show some love and please mention unjobvacancies.com* in your application.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.