Imperial College London
The Sustainable Gas Institute and Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Supergen Hub (H2FC Supergen) sseeks an outstanding individual to work on all aspects of internal and external communications. The post-holder will be responsible for communicating the depth and breadth of the Institute’s and Hub’s capacity to a range of stakeholders (e.g., in academia, industry, policy and funding environments). This post is an exciting and varied opportunity to make a valued contribution to a world-class university.
This role would suit an ambitious individual with a strong communications background, including the use of social media, and events planning, who has a keen interest in energy sector, science and engineering research and policy.
Duties and responsibilities
Your main duties & responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Operations Manager on the development of the SGI and H2FC Supergen website working with external suppliers to deliver a high quality easy to use website in English
- Support the Operations Manager on the delivery of the events programme for the H2FC Supergen Hub (workshops, report launches and an industry conference).
- Lead and project manage the design and typesetting of SGI and H2FC Supergen White Papers.
- Support the White Paper launch events to ensure maximum impact with key stakeholders in government and media coverage.
- Ensure that the communications strategy complements the overall SGI/ H2FC Supergen aims and pays particular attention to international nature of the SGI/ H2FC Supergen.
- Engage and maintain relationships with UK academics and staff to ensure effective production and dissemination of all communications, and related, material.
- Write comfortably for a variety of audiences and formats, for example, communicating news and research activities to stakeholders working in academia, industry and policy.
To be eligible for this role you must have:
- A good undergraduate level (or equivalent) degree.
- Experience of working independently and as a part of a team
- Experience managing websites and social media accounts in a professional setting.
- Experience planning and executing organisational communication strategies.
- Experience, planning and managing high-profile public events in an academic/industry environment (or similar).
This is a full time fixed term contract to commence asap till 31 December 2022. The post is based in the Department of Earth Science and Engineering (Sustainable Gas Institute office) at Imperial College London (South Kensington Campus) but will also include working from home.
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Emily Govan at [email protected]
Further information about the post is available in the job description.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if required
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level,will be required for the successful candidate.
Further information about the DBS disclosure process can be found at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/ or by telephoning 03000 200 190. You may also wish to view the College’s DBS webpage for policy statements on the Recruitment and Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Use, Retention & Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure Information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.