AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
***This is a remote/work from home role which must be home-based in the Central Valley***
The Community Engagement Manager empowers and supports our rural constituents to have a voice and ensures their stories are heard and have a place in tobacco control advocacy, public policy processes, and in ACS CAN’s advocacy work. This position will outreach and provide interventions to prevent exposure to, and the use of, tobacco among rural residents in support of ACS CAN’s tobacco control grant and ACS CAN’s advocacy activities.
- Implement the scope of work for a five – year California Tobacco Control Grant as directed. Project activities and deliverables for those activities are completed and documented on a timely basis.
- Plan and implement tobacco control grassroots advocacy campaigns to develop community capacity and demonstrate constituent support for local tobacco control related policy initiatives that will reduce health disparities and support for cancer related policy initiatives.
- Accurately and effectively represent ACS CAN and its mission. Act as a liaison between the rural Central Valley community members and leaders, and ACS and ACS CAN staff and volunteers.
- Work closely with the CA team to enhance and expand partnerships with various alliance organizations with a focus on racial and ethnic diversity and rural communities for grassroots development and training opportunities.
- Use community organizing and policy, systems and environmental change best practices.
- Write and disseminate talking points, educational materials, & media campaign resources for a diverse audience of volunteers tailored to the rural environment.
- Conduct trainings as needed for volunteers and ACS staff in the area and prepare volunteers for interactions with elected officials and their staff, including developing volunteers with personal stories related to ACS CAN’s policy campaigns
- Participate in ACS CAN fundraising activities as directed, towards achievement of an annual fundraising goal.
- Track and evaluate grassroots related projects to ensure successful completion and organizational growth, including development of e-advocacy campaign narratives and message testing.
- Establish and maintain collaborations and partnerships as appropriate.
- Follow ACS CAN, ACS, and CTCP policies and guidelines, including COVID vaccination and willingness to follow CDC protocols for safety
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.