Compliance Expert / Amman ( For Jordanians Only)
Duty station: Amman
Closing date: 23/12/2021
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and persons with disability to apply.
PRESENTATION OF Humanity and Inclusion
Humanity & Inclusion(HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: http://www.hi.org/
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 4 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Five years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of rehabilitative care and psychosocial support. In hard-to-reach areas and/or areas of new displacement, local populations and IDPs are in need of emergency assistance in terms of food, household essential items, and other basic needs. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
HI is managing a remote humanitarian program from three hubs in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey, along four main pillars:
Support to health partners (hospitals, care houses, rehabilitation centers, local NGOs) for the provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) through training, technical supervisions and donations of rehabilitation material and/or equipment;
Provision of basic needs kits – Food baskets, Household Essential Items and Hygiene kits – in one-shot distributions to people who experience a sudden degradation of their living conditions due to renewed conflict, displacement and/or exclusion from humanitarian assistance;
Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, Explosive Remnants of War and Small Arms Light Weapons) and urgent marking of hazardous areas;
Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response.
The current intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams and remote partnerships with local structures and organisations. HI has implemented some direct management programs in the past and is looking for ways to launch more in the coming months.
Hierarchical & Functional links:
1) Line manager: Country Director
2) Team Managed 2 Senior Compliance Officers
3) Coordination with: All units and departments in all hubs
· Provide oversight across all office functions (support services and programs) to monitor compliance with internal HI policies and procedures, local laws and donor regulations
· Manage and improve/streamline the operation of the compliance unit
· Support in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud and misconduct; analyze evidence and draft investigation reports
· Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, policies and procedures through spot-checks, reviews and field-visits; provide recommendations for improvements
· Develop and contribute towards new policies and procedures, as well as improving current systems; support their implementation through trainings
· Contribute to preparation for audits and follow-up support on the timely implementation of audit findings and action plans
· Conduct trainings on the Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption Policy
· Provide technical support to all staff and advise on best practices, lessons learned and compliance management
· Instill a strong culture of compliance
· Other tasks as assigned by your line manager
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in audit, finance, accounting or other relevant subject area **
· Minimum 4 years’ experience working in audit/compliance related function. **
· Experience from working in a similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Full proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
· Experience in remote management setting with partners**
· Previous experience in training/capacity building**
· Knowledge of institutional donor policies and procedures**
· Ability to travel to most offices of the mission on ad hoc basis.
· Systemic mind-set, attention to detail and capability of structuring a large amount of information in an easy and accessible way
· Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills
· Ability to work independently on own initiative
· Master’s degree in audit, finance, accounting or other relevant subject area
· Managerial experience
· CIA, CFE
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Basic salary range for the position:1520 JOD (salary commensurate with experience and according to internal salary grid).
Duration/ Type of contract: 12 months ( renewable) and the position is based in Amman.
Benefits: 30 JOD Travel Allawence / Month
RETURNING NATIONAL CANDIDATES: We strongly encourage candidates with diability to apply for this position. Humanity and Inclusion strives to attract, motivate and retain staff in our programs.
How to apply
All Candidates must send their CVs in PDF format to [email protected] no later than 23 Dec 2021.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.