Wood’s Homes is a non-profit children’s mental health center based in Calgary and we create and provide quality mental health services that promote and restore the well-being of children and families who struggle with problems big and small. Are you a passionate and dedicated individual interested in making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families? Are you committed to cultivating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates diverse voices at every level? Then we want you to join the Wood’s Homes team.
Wood’s Homes is looking for a Team Leader to join our Therapeutic Campus Based Care leadership team at Cottage 1 on our Bowness Campus.
Located on our Bowness Campus, Cottage 1 is part of our Therapeutic Campus-Based Care programs are comprised of 24/7 intensive mental health services provided by a comprehensive inter-professional team.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day operational aspects of one program or department. The Team Leader will demonstrate due diligence in being exceptional in the delivery of high-quality services and in meeting the requirements of the Health and Safety Management System at Wood’s Homes.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations for the unit or program area; Assists managers, supervisors and programs in day-to-day operations as needed and shares regular on-call responsibilities for the agency.
- Recruits and supervises front line staff including monitoring and authorizing records of staff hours.
- Case management responsibilities as per Policy and Procedure guidelines and first level liaison with families, referral services, and communities with the support of a Program Manager.
- Responsible for regular and consistent supervision, annual evaluation, and establishing a training program for all staff.
- Assumes financial accountability for petty cash, cottage books and direct client costs and that Licensing requirements are displayed and maintained.
- Participates in meetings, case management reviews and conferences related to client, program and the agency as necessary.
- Completes all required health and safety training
- Reports workplace hazards, unsafe or unhealthy conditions, or incidents (including near misses, injuries, or equipment damage) to their direct supervisor.
- Executes other responsibilities as required and assigned by the Program Manager.
- Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Child Studies, or Addictions.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working with young people and families.
- Highly developed theoretical understanding of milieu therapy.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, clinical problem-solving abilities, and clinical writing skills.
- Personal suitability is important.
Why choose us. We are committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences. At Wood’s Homes we embrace each other’s differences and strive to learn and grow from them. Should you need accommodation during the interview please inform your contact prior to the interview and let them know what you require. We offer competitive pay, great health and pension benefits, and a supportive and inclusive workplace environment with plenty of opportunities for professional growth. Bring your unique strengths, skills and passion to Wood’s Homes. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for complete information about and our organization.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.